This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
Resolution: the New England Governors' Conference resolution:
Source: NEG/ECP Resolution 26-6: Joint Information Workforce
- WHEREAS, New England and Eastern Canada have among the highest concentration of information technology workers in the nation, with major specializations in high skill, high wage information technology occupations, which are integral for the regionís high tech computer, electronics, e-commerce and communications sectors, as well as other industries such as finance, insurance and manufacturing; and
- WHEREAS, the Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers (NEG-ECP) Knowledge Industry Innovatorsí Forum recognizes the importance of continuing to build the skills of its workforce in information technology to strengthen its ability to compete and sustain the long-term economic growth of the knowledge economy; and
- WHEREAS, the NEG-ECP recognizes the importance of the ability to predict and respond to the changing information technology workforce needs will be critical to maximizing opportunities to develop the regionís
knowledge economy in the future;
- NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the NEG-ECP will cooperate in addressing regional information technology workforce needs to enhance and build upon state and provincial initiatives already underway; and
- BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Conference task a group of key knowledge industry stakeholders to work together to identify appropriate actions to:
- Identify, develop and promote the adoption of appropriate skill standards and assessment tools to ensure the regionís education and training institutions and their graduates are recognized internationally for excellence;
- Improve regional information technology workforce projections and analysis initiatives in order to better anticipate and adapt to the changing needs of the knowledge economy; and
- Develop networks and share best practices on a regional basis, and to meet annually to discuss key issues.
- Topic: Technology
- Headline: Cooperate with Canada on regional info tech workforce
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-NEGC6
||s1s||RI00 Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|| |
||s1s||CT Former Republican Governor (1995-2004)|| |
||s1s||MA02 Former Republican Governor (2001-2002)|| |
participating in 01-NEGC6
||s1s||ME Former Independent Governor (1995-2002)|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: