Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Bill sponsorship archives from the Library of Congress, thomas.loc.gov
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Bill sponsorship archives from the Library of Congress (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Dole (10) Former Republican Senator (Until 1996) Kansas
- Brad Carson (3) 2004 former Democratic challenger; US Representative Oklahoma
- Buddy Roemer (18) Republican (Former LA Governor)
- Cory Booker (3) New Jersey Mayor of Newark
- Dan Quayle (13)
- David Jolly (1) Republican Senate Challenger Florida
- Dean Barkley (1) Independent Senate challenger (2008) Minnesota
- Dick Cheney (1) Former Republican Vice President
- Gerald Ford (10)
- Joe DioGuardi (19) 2010 Republican Challenger New York
- Maria Cantwell (2) Democratic Jr Senator Washington
- Paul Ryan (1) Republican
- Rand Paul (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Ron Paul (1) Republican (Libertarian 1988)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Buddy Roemer: No Federal funds for abortions.
Buddy Roemer: Grant civil rights to the pre-born.
Budget & Economy|
Joe DioGuardi: Constitutional Amendment for balanced budget.
Dan Quayle: Proposed Balanced Budget Amendment.
Bob Dole: Eliminate gender discrimination in all federal programs.
Dan Quayle: Eliminate gender discrimination in all federal programs.
Gerald Ford: Delay court-ordered busing until all appeals exhausted.
Paul Ryan: Death penalty only for lethal crimes against minors.
Brad Carson: More funding for COPS on the streets.
Maria Cantwell: Supports mandatory Three Strikes sentencing laws.
Maria Cantwell: Opposes the death penalty.
Joe DioGuardi: Death penalty for Presidential assassination.
Joe DioGuardi: Mandatory sentences for violent felonies against the elderly.
Buddy Roemer: Stricter civil penalties for money laundering.
Buddy Roemer: Death penalty for presidential assassination.
Buddy Roemer: Make combating crime a national priority.
Gerald Ford: Death sentence only after separate sentencing hearing.
Brad Carson: Cleanup methamphetamine in rural communities.
Bob Dole: International strike force; and oppose legalization.
Dan Quayle: International strike force; and oppose legalization.
Joe DioGuardi: Require drug testing before parole.
Joe DioGuardi: Authorize army to intervene in anti-drug operations.
Buddy Roemer: $100,000 reward for convicting for harming DEA agents.
Buddy Roemer: Legalize medical marijuana.
Gerald Ford: Mandatory 5-year minimum sentence for 4 ounces of heroin.
Gerald Ford: Tuition tax credit at private grade schools.
Energy & Oil|
Cory Booker: Climate change requires American leadership.
Cory Booker: Ice-melt is literally creating climate refugees.
Dan Quayle: Convert federal car fleet to alternative-fuel vehicles.
Buddy Roemer: Tax credits for exploring for oil in deep water & Arctic.
Dan Quayle: Establish energy conservation standards for home appliances.
Joe DioGuardi: No import fee on crude oil.
Buddy Roemer: Repeal windfall profit tax on domestic crude oil.
Gerald Ford: Require oil marketing to independent contractors.
Gerald Ford: Let Big Three automakers collaborate on reducing emissions.
Joe DioGuardi: Strengthen the Federal Water Pollution Control Act.
Gerald Ford: Designate Isle Royale National Park as wilderness area.
Gerald Ford: $409M for public works on rivers and dams.
Families & Children|
Buddy Roemer: Criminalize all materials sexually exploitative of children.
Bob Dole: Defund UN Office of Research and Information Collection.
Dan Quayle: Defund UN Office of Research and Information Collection.
Joe DioGuardi: Push the UN to address human rights abuse in Cuba.
Joe DioGuardi: Encourage the Vatican to recognize the State of Israel.
Bob Dole: $50M for vaccinations in developing countries.
Dan Quayle: $50M for vaccinations in developing countries.
Brad Carson: Tariffs on China for currency manipulation.
Joe DioGuardi: Restrict Canadian vessels on coast trade.
Bob Dole: Trade sanctions on USSR-occupied Afghanistan.
Dan Quayle: Trade sanctions on USSR-occupied Afghanistan.
Joe DioGuardi: Block Soviet imports made by forced labor.
Bob Dole: Fast-track agreements; but also protective tariffs.
Dan Quayle: Fast-track agreements; but also protective tariffs.
Bob Dole: No trade with countries on terrorism list.
Buddy Roemer: Extend Japanese auto export restraints.
Gerald Ford: Remove import tariffs on hollow reinforcing bars.
Bob Dole: Develop public financing for Congressional races.
Dan Quayle: Develop public financing for Congressional races.
Joe DioGuardi: Constitutional Amendment for Line Item Veto.
Buddy Roemer: Provide uniform presidential voting hours, until 11 PM EST.
Buddy Roemer: Increase campaign donation limit from $1,000 to $2,500.
Cory Booker: Prohibit firearms to suspected terrorists.
Buddy Roemer: Stricter penalties for firearm use during felonies.
Buddy Roemer: Federal gun controls cannot override state gun laws.
Rand Paul: No mandatory mental health screening in schools.
Ron Paul: No mandatory mental health screening in schools.
Dan Quayle: Ensure health access for medically-uninsurable individuals.
Bob Dole: Provide catastrophic illness coverage through Medicare.
Dan Quayle: Provide catastrophic illness coverage through Medicare.
Joe DioGuardi: Prohibit enhanced missile sales to Saudi Arabia.
Buddy Roemer: Require Congressional approval for arms exports.
Buddy Roemer: National security strategy: peace through strength.
Dan Quayle: Restrict bilingual education; maximum 3 years.
Bob Dole: Don't require English fluency for all immigrants.
Dick Cheney: Toughen deportations; soften on USAF children immigrants.
Principles & Values|
Dean Barkley: Created Paul Wellstone Center for Community Building.
Gerald Ford: 21-day period each year to Honor America.
Joe DioGuardi: Correct the notch problem to ensure fair retirement planning.
Buddy Roemer: Increase to $2500 eligible for personal retirement savings.
David Jolly: Max Tax Act: Limit all taxes to 50% of taxpayer's income.
Joe DioGuardi: Implement tax rate reductions without delay.
Joe DioGuardi: Make permanent the R&D tax credit.
War & Peace|
Joe DioGuardi: Censure Iraq for use of poison gas on Kurds.
Joe DioGuardi: Support Reagan's call to tear down the Berlin Wall.
Welfare & Poverty|
Joe DioGuardi: More funding for WIC Supplemental Food Program.
The above quotations are from Bill sponsorship archives from the Library of Congress, thomas.loc.gov.
Books by and about Bill Clinton:
- Bill Clinton's main page
- Back to Work, by Bill Clinton
- Behind the Oval Office, by Dick Morris
- My Life, by Bill Clinton
- Giving, by Bill Clinton
- The Blair Years, by Alastair Campbell
- Clinton on Clinton
- Between Hope and History, by Bill Clinton
- The Dysfunctional President, by Paul M. Fick, PhD
- The Natural, by Joe Klein
- Report Card on President Clinton's First Four Years, by Thomas Blood and Bruce Henderson
- The Agenda: Inside the Clinton White House, by Bob Woodward
- Past Presidents Archive
- Past Vice Presidents Archive
- Clinton's State of the Union speeches
- Clinton-Bush-Perot Debates (1992)
Books by and about Hillary Clinton:
- Hillary Clinton's main page
- Hard Choices, by Hillary Clinton (2014) - her autobiography while Secretary of State.
- Living History, by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003) - her autobiography.
- Friends in High Places, by Webb Hubbell (1997) - Insider's view of the Clinton governorship and presidency
- God and Hillary Clinton: A Spiritual Life, by Paul Kengor (2007) - a religious perspective.
- The Final Days, by Barbara Olson (2001) - exploration of actions at the end of the Clinton presidency
- For Love of Politics: The White House Years, by Sally Bedell Smith (2007) - a joint biography.
- Condi vs. Hillary: The Next Great Presidential Race, by Dick Morris (2005) - the predicted race didn't happen, but still a good analysis by Bill Clinton's former adviser.
- Partners in Power, by Roger Morris (1999) - anti-Hillary, anti-Bill, and anti-Democrat.