Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for South Carolina House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from SC legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Catherine Templeton (2) South Carolina Republican candidate for South Carolina Governor
- Henry McMaster (6) South Carolina Republican
- James Emerson Smith (3) South Carolina Democratic candidate for governor
- Krystle Matthews (3) Democratic Challenger South Carolina
- Lee Bright (4) Republican Challenger South Carolina
- Mia McLeod (7) South Carolina Democratic Challenger
- Nancy Mace (4) Republican Senate challenger South Carolina
- Nikki Haley (4) South Carolina Former UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Tim Scott (1) Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
- Tommy Pope (1) South Carolina Republican candidate for Governor (withdrew)
- Yancey McGill (1) South Carolina Republican candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
South Carolina state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- D-SC Krystle Matthews - 2022 candidate for U.S. Senate
State house of representatives, 117th district, since 2018
- SC-R - Nancy Mace - Elected 2020 to U.S. House SC-1 district
Member of the South Carolina House, 99th district, 2018-2020
- SC-D Gloria Bromell Tinubu - candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
Georgia state representative, HD-60, until 2012
Candidate for U.S. Rep, SC-7th district, 2012 and 2014
Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina in 2018
- SC-R Catherine Templeton, Republican candidate for South Carolina Governor
Director of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, March 2012-Jan. 2015
Director of the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation, Jan. 2011-March 2012
- SC-R Henry McMaster, 117th Governor of South Carolina, as of Jan. 24, 2017
91st Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina, Jan. 14, 2015-Jan. 24, 2017
50th Attorney General of South Carolina, Jan. 15, 2003-Jan. 12, 2011
- SC-R William Timmons - Elected 2018 to U.S.House (R-SC-4)
Member of the South Carolina Senate from the 6th district (2016-2018)
- SC-R Tommy Pope-2017 Republican Challenger for U.S. House 5th district
Speaker pro tempore of the South Carolina House of Representatives, since 2014
Member of the South Carolina House of Representatives, 47th district, since 2010
Solicitor for the Sixteenth Judicial Circuit of South Carolina, 1993-2006
- SC-R Yancey McGill-2018 Republican Challenger for Governor
Democratic Lieutenant Governor, 2014-2015
Democratic Member of the South Carolina Senate, 32nd district, 1989-2014
- SC-R Tim Scott - U.S. Senator
former Member of the South Carolina House of Representatives, 117th district, 2009-2010
- SC-R Nikki Haley - Governor since 2011
Member of the South Carolina House of Representatives, 87th district, 2005-2010
- SC-R Lee Bright - 2014 Challenger for U.S. Senate
Member of the South Carolina Senate, 12th district, 2009-2016
- SC-D James Emerson Smith
Member of the South Carolina House of Representatives, 72nd district, 1996-2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tim Scott: Don't require 24 hours after ultrasound; 1 hour is enough.
Lee Bright: Require 24 hours after ultrasound before abortion.
Catherine Templeton: Transgender people should use bathroom matching birth gender.
Henry McMaster: No need for any new transgender bathroom law.
Nikki Haley: No need for any new transgender bathroom law.
Krystle Matthews: Clear record for first time drunk/disorderly offenders.
Mia McLeod: Clear record for first time drunk/disorderly offenders.
Nancy Mace: Clear record for first time drunk/disorderly offenders.
Henry McMaster: Don't clear record for first time drunk/disorderly offender.
Henry McMaster: Require reporting of administration of opioid antidote.
Krystle Matthews: Require reporting of administration of opioid antidote.
Nancy Mace: Require reporting of administration of opioid antidote.
Mia McLeod: Require reporting of administration of opioid antidote.
James Emerson Smith: Additional licenses for more drug treatment facilities.
Lee Bright: No additional licensure for drug treatment facilities.
Mia McLeod: Additional licenses for more drug treatment facilities.
Nikki Haley: Vetoed additional licensure for drug treatment facilities.
Tommy Pope: Abstained from vote on licensing drug treatment facilities.
Yancey McGill: Additional licenses for more drug treatment facilities.
Energy & Oil|
Henry McMaster: Signed SC Energy Freedom Act promoting solar power.
Krystle Matthews: Supported SC Energy Freedom Act promoting solar power.
Nancy Mace: Supported SC Energy Freedom Act promoting solar power.
Mia McLeod: Supported SC Energy Freedom Act promoting solar power.
Nancy Mace: Don't rebuild banned sea wall for gated community.
Henry McMaster: Vetoed bill to rebuild banned sea wall for gated community.
Mia McLeod: Rebuild banned sea wall for gated community.
Nikki Haley: Require photo ID, and inspection of ID, in order to vote.
Lee Bright: Require photo ID, and inspection of ID, in order to vote.
James Emerson Smith: Voted NO on requiring photo ID in order to vote.
Mia McLeod: Voted NO on requiring photo ID in order to vote.
Catherine Templeton: Military shouldn't pay for gender reassignment surgery.
Henry McMaster: No sanctuary cities; plus annual compliance checks.
Nikki Haley: Charge 1% foreign wire fee;& police check immigration status.
Lee Bright: Charge 1% foreign wire fee;& police check immigration status.
James Emerson Smith: Voted NAY on police checking immigration status.
Mia McLeod: Voted NO on police checking immigration status.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for South Carolina House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- H3728: Count On 2 NBC News, "SC now keeping track of opioid overdose reversals in emergency rooms," by Jason Raven, Jan 1, 2021
- H3659: EnergyNews.US, "With Energy Freedom Act, South Carolina takes steps toward resilience," by Shelley Robbins & Marriele Mango, July 25, 2019
- H 3700: Charleston Post and Courier, "SC Gov. McMaster vetoes special legislation to replace sea wall protecting 17 homes," by Chloe Johnson, May 15, 2019
- H3601 & H3659: American Conservative Union, "Center for Legislative Accountability: Ratings for SC 2019"
- Governor's statement on South Carolina "SLED", on sanctuary cities; (Henry McMaster), 10/23/2017
- LGBTQNation.com on South Carolina NC-HB142, bathroom bill, 8/3/2017
- South Carolina S 20, on police checking immigration status, (Smith, Bright & Haley), 6/27/2011
- South Carolina H3003, on photo ID to vote, (Smith, Bright & Haley), 5/18/2011
- South Carolina S.0232 / Act #0061, on drug treatment facilities, 3/24/2011
- NCSL Immigration Report: S.C. SB 428, on E-Verify program, (Lee Bright), 4/22/2009
- South Carolina H. 3245, on ultrasound before abortion, (Lee Bright & Tim Scott), 2/17/2009