Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Kentucky House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from KY legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Andy Beshear (2) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Brett Guthrie (1) Republican U.S. Rep Kentucky-2
- James Comer (3) Republican U.S. Rep Kentucky- 1
- Matt Bevin (4) Kentucky Republican Governor
- Robert Goforth (9) Kentucky Republican challenger for Governor
- Rocky Adkins (11) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Steve Beshear (1) Kentucky Democratic Governor (term-limited 2015)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Kentucky state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- KY-D - Charles Booker - candidate for Senate 2020
Member of the Kentucky House of Representatives, , 43rd district, since 2019
- KY-D - Rocky Adkins - candidate for Governor 2019
Minority Leader of the Kentucky House of Representatives, 2017-2019
Member of the Kentucky House of Representatives, 99th district, 1987-2019
- KY-R - Robert Goforth - candidate for Governor 2019
Member of the Kentucky House of Representatives, 89th district, since 2018
- KY-R - C. Wesley Morgan - candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
Former State Representative, 2016-2018
- KY-R - James Comer - Elected 2016 to U.S. House
Member of the Kentucky House of Representatives, District 53, 2001-2012
- R-KY-2 - Brett Guthrie - member of United States House of Representatives
former member of Kentucky Senate
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Andy Beshear: Defend law requiring ultrasound before abortion.
Robert Goforth: Introduced first version of the fetal heartbeat bill.
Robert Goforth: Heartbeat bill: no abortion beyond 6 weeks after conception.
Robert Goforth: Protect religious beliefs against LGBTQ people.
Rocky Adkins: Make expungement of criminal records easier and/or automatic.
Steve Beshear: Require DNA samples from all criminal parolees.
Brett Guthrie: Require DNA samples from all criminal parolees.
James Comer: Require DNA samples from all criminal parolees.
Rocky Adkins: Require DNA samples from all criminal parolees.
James Comer: Allow expungement of criminal records after 5 years.
Rocky Adkins: Allow expungement of criminal records after 5 years.
Rocky Adkins: Prohibit advertising of opiates and opioids.
Robert Goforth: Regulate and tax medical marijuana.
Rocky Adkins: Regulate and tax medical marijuana.
Andy Beshear: Won lawsuit to improve teacher retirement pensions.
Rocky Adkins: Better retirement pensions for teachers.
Matt Bevin: Create Charter Schools Advisory Council & implement charters.
Energy & Oil|
Rocky Adkins: Fund energy research; increase energy savings.
Robert Goforth: Torturing dogs and cats counts as domestic violence.
Rocky Adkins: 1996: sponsored the Kentucky Tourism Development Act.
Families & Children|
Robert Goforth: No visitation rights for children produced by rape.
Rocky Adkins: In-person early voting on three weekends prior to election.
Robert Goforth: Ban weapons in courtrooms and jails.
Matt Bevin: Guns aren't problem in schools; kids in my school had guns.
Robert Goforth: Concealed carry at schools, bars, and businesses.
Matt Bevin: Ban use of tobacco products in schools.
Robert Goforth: Ban use of tobacco products in schools.
Rocky Adkins: Recognize diversity of Kentucky as a welcoming state.
James Comer: Don't require comparable pay regardless of gender.
Rocky Adkins: Require comparable pay regardless of gender.
Matt Bevin: 401(k)-style plan for state employee pensions struck down.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Kentucky House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- Lexington Herald-Leader on Kentucky HB2, on ultrasound, (Andy Beshear), 5/20/2019
- Kentucky HB 253 / KRS 117, on in-person early voting, (Rocky Adkins), 2/7/2019
- Kentucky HB 155 / KRS 431.073, on expungement of criminal records, (Rocky Adkins), 2/5/2019
- Kentucky HB 169 / KRS 403.322, on visitation rights, (Robert Goforth), 2/5/2019
- WDRB.org on Kentucky HB30, on weapons in courtrooms, (Robert Goforth), 1/14/2019
- Louisville Courier-Journal on HB100, on Heartbeat bill, (Robert Goforth), 1/9/2019
- Kentucky HB 11 / KRS 438, on tobacco products in schools, (Matt Bevin & Robert Goforth), 1/8/2019
- Louisville Courier-Journal on HB30, on concealed carry at schools, (Bevin & Goforth), 1/9/2019
- Louisville Courier-Journal on SB151, on teacher retirement, (Beshear, Bevin & Adkins), 12/14/2018
- Kentucky HB 372, on religious beliefs vs. LGBTQ people, (Robert Goforth), 2/14/2018
- Kentucky HB 225 / KRS 218A, on advertising of opioids, (Rocky Adkins), 1/22/2018
- Ballotpedia on Kentucky SB1/HB520, on Charter Schools, (Matt Bevin), 11/30/2017
- Kentucky House Resolution 44, on welcoming state, (Rocky Adkins), 2/7/2017
- Kentucky HB 25 / KRS 525.135, on medical marijuana, (Robert Goforth & Rocky Adkins), 2/7/2017
- Kentucky HB 683, on DNA samples, 4/15/2008
- Kentucky HB 399, on comparable pay, (James Comer & Rocky Adkins), 3/1/2006
- Kentucky HCS HB 93, on expungement of criminal records, (James Comer & Rocky Adkins), 2/22/2006