Travis Allen on Health Care
Voted NO on expanding Medi-Cal eligibility for ObamaCare
Excerpts from Legislative Counsel's Digest:
The Legislature finds:
- The United States is the only industrialized country in the world without a universal health insurance system.
- 46 million Americans did not have health insurance.
- The Affordable Care Act is the culmination of decades of movement toward health reform
- As a result of the Affordable Care Act, , by 2019, between 1.2 and 1.6 million individuals will be newly enrolled in Medi-Cal.
- It is the intent of the
Legislature to ensure full implementation of the Affordable Care Act, including the Medi-Cal expansion for individuals with incomes below 133% of the federal poverty level.
- This bill would implement the Affordable Care Act by modifying provisions
relating to determining eligibility for Medi-Cal.
Status:Bill passed Assembly, 54 -24-1; passed Senate, 28-8-3; approved by Governor, June 27,˜2013. (Allen voted NAY).
Source: California legislative voting records: ABX1-1
, Jun 15, 2013
Page last updated: Jul 06, 2018