Kim Reynolds on Government Reform
Opposes term limits for Iowa governor
Q: Do you think Iowa should have term limits for governors?
Q. What is one issue that you won't compromise on?
Hubbell: Sound fiscal management.
Q. If elected will you commit to weekly news conferences?
Reynolds: I do it all the time.
Source: Des Moines Register on 2018 Iowa gubernatorial debate
, Oct 10, 2018
Protect the ballot box with new voter ID laws
Let me take a moment to highlight what we have accomplished together:
Source: 2018 State of the State speech to Iowa legislature
, Jan 9, 2018
- We balanced the state budget, protecting taxpayers while safeguarding important priorities like education.
- We invested in our kids at a record level, committing $735 million
more for education since 2011.
- We prepared our students for the jobs of tomorrow, through work-based learning, pre-apprenticeship and computer science programs.
- We reformed collective bargaining and worker's compensation laws, putting more power
in the hands of local governments and school districts, small businesses, and taxpayers.
- We protected the ballot box with new voter ID laws.
- We protected life, standing up for the most vulnerable by prohibiting late-term abortions. And we will
never stop working to protect the unborn.
- We restored liberties, by strengthening our 2nd amendment rights.
- We fought for Iowa farmers and a robust Renewable Fuel Standard, and we won!
Page last updated: Apr 17, 2020