Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2024 North Carolina Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
North Carolina 2024 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- WFAE, "With Lt. Gov. Robinson a heavy favorite in the primary, can Republican Dale Folwell compete for governor?," by Steve Harrison, April 12, 2023, (Link)
- WTVD, "North Carolina treasurer Dale Folwell running for governor in 2024," March 25, 2023, (Link)
- WUNC North Carolina Public Radio, "NC Treasurer Folwell and hospitals at odds over health pricing and transparency," by Jason deBruyn, December 6, 2022, (Link)
- WRAL, "How NC Attorney General Josh Stein is bracing for his next big political fight," by Bryan Anderson, Sep 23, 2022, (Link)
- The Carolina Journal, "Dale Folwell backs WV move against activist 'ESG' investments," by Brayden Marsh, August 17, 2022, (Link)
- The Fayetteville Observer, "NC attorney general: Tighten self-defense and gun laws, and do not ban abortion," by Paul Woolverton, July 25, 2022, (Link)
- WPDE, "NC Treasurer wants Russia to pay for economic damages to state pension plan," by Lauren Brigman, April 12, 2022, (Link)
- The Washington Examiner, "North Carolina treasurer slams IRS tracking proposal," by Nyamekye Daniel, October 06, 2021, (Link)
- Chatham News + Record, "N.C. Treasurer Dale Folwell guest at 'lunch & learn'," by Cindy Poindexter, May 5, 2021, (Link)
- WCNC, "No one should have to live in fear because of who they are," by Savannah Levins, April 17, 2021, (Link)
- WTVD, "North Carolina task force calls for decriminalization of marijuana," November 18, 2020, (Link)
- Salisbury Post/AP, "Perdue vetoes voter ID bill," July 27, 2011, (Link)
- Carolina Public Press, "With legislation deadlines looming Thursday, N.C. House tackles bills dealing with guns, immigration, voter ID," by Travis Fain, June 8, 2011, (Link)
- Winston-Salem Journal, "GOP budget plan would cut millions from education, raise fees, end penny of sales tax," by Travis Fain, May 1, 2011, (Link)
- WRAL, "Bill would make killing fetuses a crime," Mar 3, 2011, (Link)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Josh Stein: I'm in court fighting for women's reproductive freedom.
Dale Folwell: Pro-life, for exceptions for rape, incest, life of mother.
Mark Robinson: Made wrong decision getting abortion, are adamantly pro-life.
Andy Wells: I believe life begins at conception, but allow exceptions.
Budget & Economy|
Andy Wells: COVID-related spending by Congress caused inflation.
Dale Folwell: I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.
Josh Stein: No one should have to live in fear because of who they are.
Andy Wells: Supports Supreme Court ruling overturning Affirmative Action.
Andy Wells: Supported gay marriage ban, anti-trans "bathroom bill".
Dale Folwell: Causing death or harm to fetus should be a criminal offense.
Mark Robinson: Back up police officers, don't throw them under the bus.
Mark Walker: Voted against spending bills with funding for public safety.
Andy Wells: Support the police, arrest criminals, send them to jail.
Josh Stein: Time to have real conversations about potential legalization.
Josh Stein: Every NC student has the right to a sound, basic education.
Mark Robinson: Praises end of affirmative action in higher education.
Mark Robinson: School choice a priority; homeschooling next great frontier.
Andy Wells: Schools should educate not indoctrinate students.
Energy & Oil|
Dale Folwell: Energy independence would help lower fixed-income people.
Families & Children|
Mark Walker: Called Congresswomen "eye candy" during press conference.
Dale Folwell: Let treasurers sue Russian entities for investment losses.
Mark Walker: For lethal aid to Ukraine; not US boots on the ground.
Dale Folwell: Oppose IRS monitoring banks accounts with more than $600.
Dale Folwell: Voter ID protects most sacred thing we do as citizens.
Josh Stein: 2020: allowed more time for mail-in ballot acceptance.
Andy Wells: Has a knack for finding and removing burdensome regulations.
Josh Stein: For "red flag" laws; raising age to 21 to buy AR-15 rifle.
Mark Robinson: Opposed cancelling gun show after Parkland shooting.
Andy Wells: Gun owner, supports the right to keep and bear arms.
Dale Folwell: Don't cover treatment for transgender state employees.
Dale Folwell: We don't consume health care; health care consumes us.
Mark Robinson: State can provide something better than Medicaid expansion.
Dale Folwell: Requiring student birth certificates would keep schools safe.
Mark Robinson: Muslims are not immigrants; they are INVADERS.
Andy Wells: Secure the border and stop illegal immigration, period.
Principles & Values|
Josh Stein: Father worked at state's first integrated law firm.
Dale Folwell: The blood that runs through me is Quaker: be fair and just.
Josh Stein: Jewish faith guides him to make the world a better place .
Mark Robinson: God won't to tolerate the decline of Western civilization.
Mark Robinson: Urged people to thank God for living "in a blessed country".
Mark Robinson: Socialism, Communism are the enemies, not dead Nazis.
Mark Robinson: Every good thing in this nation came from Christians.
Andy Wells: Politicians don't solve problems; they create problems.
Mark Walker: Have to have courage to go after mandatory entitlements.
Dale Folwell: Supported tax cuts putting state employees out of work.
Mark Robinson: Lower taxes for everyone, not just corporate incentives.
Andy Wells: Don't derail cuts to corporate and individual income tax.
Michael Morgan: Upheld sales tax on in-state sales fulfilled from Wisconsin.
The above quotations are from 2024 North Carolina Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2024; previous election candidates:
2020 North Carolina Gubernatorial debate
vs.Al Pisano(Constitution Party)
Former gubernatorial races:
2016 North Carolina Gubernatorial debates:
Attorney General Roy Cooper(D)