Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Fox Business 2023 Republican primary debate in Simi Valley and commentary
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Second GOP presidential debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Christie (3) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Donald Trump (2) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Doug Burgum (6) North Dakota 2024 Presidential contender; Republican Governor
- Joe Biden (2) Democratic President; former V.P.; former Senator
- Mike Pence (5) Indiana Former Republican Vice President
- Nikki Haley (5) South Carolina Republican presidential contender; UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Ron DeSantis (6) Florida Republican presidential contender; FL governor
- Tim Scott (7) South Carolina Republican presidential challenger; SC Senator
- Vivek Ramaswamy (8) District of Columbia Republican Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Citations for the second Republican presidential primary debate in Simi Valley, California, on Sept. 27, 2023, including...
- Pavlovic Today, "Second Republican Debate Transcript," September 27, 2023, (Link)
- NBC News, "Few striking autoworkers show up for Trump's speech at a nonunion factory," by Henry J. Gomez, Vaughn Hillyard and Dan Gallo, Sept. 27, 2023, (Link)
- Politico.com, "The debate’s biggest split screen wasn’t actually about Trump vs. his GOP rivals," by Holly Otterbein & Meridith McGraw, 09/27/2023, , (Link)
- Debate hosted by Fox Business Network with Univision and Rumble, an online video platform.
The Republican National Committee established these qualifications for the 2nd debate:
- Participants must have 3% of the vote in multiple polls (an increase from 1% in the 1st debate)
- Participants must have 50,000 unique donors, including at least 200 from 20 different states (an increase from 40,000 donors in the 1st debate)
- Participants must sign the RNC's loyalty pledge, vowing to support the party's eventual nominee (same as for 1st debate).
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Ron DeSantis: Federal bloated spending and $7.8T debt is reckless.
Ron DeSantis: Throw Bidenomics in the trash can on Day One.
Vivek Ramaswamy: I ran companies in China but now declare independence.
Nikki Haley: Permanent small business and corporate tax cuts.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Cut the Fed technocracy, to unshackle the economy.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Start government with zero-based budgeting, like businesses.
Mike Pence: Expedited death penalty for mass shooters.
Ron DeSantis: Back the Blue; fight Soros-funded prosecutors.
Doug Burgum: Helicopters from North Dakota to fight drugs in Mexico.
Nikki Haley: Special Operations against Mexican & Chinese drug cartels.
Tim Scott: Freeze the accounts of the Mexican drug cartels.
Chris Christie: We need innovative solutions, which teachers unions fight.
Nikki Haley: More vocational education and less DEI.
Energy & Oil|
Doug Burgum: Biden's climate policy is existential threat to America.
Tim Scott: Unleash our energy resources; no gas tax increase.
Donald Trump: No electric vehicles: economic nationalism for auto industry.
Joe Biden: Support electric vehicles AND union auto industry jobs.
Doug Burgum: Rare earths from China are destroying the planet.
Families & Children|
Doug Burgum: Family and mental health are solution to mass shootings.
Tim Scott: Protect HeadStart and let parents choose childcare .
Mike Pence: Letting Russia take Ukraine lets China take Taiwan.
Vivek Ramaswamy: We're driving Russia into China's arms; end Ukraine aid.
Doug Burgum: Things get more expensive as they get less competitive.
Mike Pence: ObamaCare is a state issue along with HHS, DOE, and housing.
Nikki Haley: Put patients in the driver's seat for health plans.
Chris Christie: We must fight against the Chinese-Russia alliance.
Tim Scott: Close the border to fentanyl; reinstate Title 42.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Seal the border to reduce fentanyl epidemic.
Mike Pence: Right of every American to join a union or not.
Tim Scott: Unions can't get more benefits with fewer hours.
Tim Scott: Made in America plan: create 10 million jobs.
Vivek Ramaswamy: I have sympathy for workers but no patience for union bosses.
Vivek Ramaswamy: We pay people to stay home; put people back to work.
Donald Trump: America First includes gas-powered cars made in Detroit.
Joe Biden: First sitting president to join a union picket line.
Principles & Values|
Mike Pence: Don't follow the siren song of populism.
Chris Christie: Pro-innovation: get government off the back of innovators.
Nikki Haley: China gets data from 150M people on TikTok.
Ron DeSantis: Free speech for American tech; free market for Chinese tech.
Vivek Ramaswamy: I'm not a know-it-all; I listen to challengers & experts.
War & Peace|
Doug Burgum: We're in a Cold War and a Cyber War with China .
Ron DeSantis: No blank check for Ukraine; end war with Russia.
Tim Scott: Our national interest is to degrade the Russian military.
Welfare & Poverty|
Ron DeSantis: We believe in work; hence lowest welfare & unemployment.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Christie New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential incumbent
- Doug Burgum North Dakota 2024 Presidential contender; Republican Governor
- Joe Biden Democratic President; former V.P.; former Senator
- Mike Pence Indiana Former Republican Vice President
- Nikki Haley South Carolina Republican presidential contender; UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Ron DeSantis Florida Republican presidential contender; FL governor
- Tim Scott South Carolina Republican presidential challenger; SC Senator
- Vivek Ramaswamy District of Columbia Republican Challenger
The above quotations are from Fox Business 2023 Republican primary debate in Simi Valley and commentary.