Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Texas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 TX Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Allen West (18) Texas Republican Challenger
- Chad Prather (3) Texas Republican challenger for Governor
- Don Huffines (3) Texas Republican challenger for Governor
- George P. Bush (1) Texas Republican Texas Land Commissioner
- Greg Abbott (7) Texas Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Texas Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Texas Tribune, "Gov. Greg Abbott calls for stiffer penalty for illegal voting--weeks after he signed a bill lowering it," by Neelam Bohra, Sept. 30, 2021
- FOX News Radio, "Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) Says Texas Would Be 'Honored' To Hire Any Border Patrol Agent Fired For Not Complying With Reported Biden Vaccine Mandate," Sep 29, 2021
- KSAT-TV ABC-2, "Gov. Greg Abbott signs bill banning mail-order abortion drugs into law," Sept. 24, 2021
- CNN Politics, "What's so wrong about Greg Abbott's rape comments," by Chris Cillizza, September 8, 2021
- Texas Tribune, "Man bites dog, tries to make amends," by Ross Ramsey, Sept. 8, 2021
- GLAAD Accountability Project ("Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Discrimination," on Allen West), 7/29/21
- Houston Chronicle, "5 things to know about Allen West, who is challenging Texas Gov. Greg Abbott," by Jeremy Wallace, July 6, 2021
- The Texan, "Allen West Enters Heated GOP Gubernatorial Race," by Brad Johnson, July 4, 2021
- Dallas Morning News, "Texas GOP chairman Allen West challenges incumbent Gov. Greg Abbott in governor's race," by Robert T. Garrett, Jul 4, 2021
- Texas Tribune, "Allen West resigns as chair of Texas Republican Party, says he's mulling statewide run," by Patrick Svitek, June 4, 2021
- BlazeTV, The Chad Prather Show, "I will take the aliens over this INSANITY," May 21, 2021
- Houston Public Media KERA News, "Who Is Don Huffines? Former State Senator Challenges Gov. Greg Abbott," by Elizabeth Myong, May 11, 2021
- Houston Press, "Abbott Gets First Real Right-Wing Challenge As Patrick Secures Trump's Vote of Confidence," by Schaefer Edwards, May 11, 2021
- Dallas Morning News, "Former state Sen. Don Huffines announces he'll challenge Texas Gov. Greg Abbott in 2022 GOP primary," by Robert T. Garrett and Gromer Jeffers Jr., May 10, 2021
- The Texan, "Conservative Humorist Chad Prather Launches Campaign for Texas Governor," by Daniel Friend, March 26, 2021
- CNBC: "Texas governor says companies moving headquarters to the state has turned into a 'tidal wave'," by Kevin Stankiewicz, Dec 11, 2020
- Austin American-Statesman, "Be wary of people like Allen West and their interpretations," by Ken Herman, 12/11/20
- Texas Monthly, "How Did a Florida Man Become the Face of the Texas Republican Party?," by Christopher Hooks, December 2020
- Texas Tribune, "Who will challenge Gov. Greg Abbott in 2022?," by Patrick Svitek, Nov. 23, 2020
- USA Today, "Are abortions considered essential surgery during coronavirus crisis?," by Doug Stanglin, Giacomo Bologna, & Alissa Zhu, March 25, 2020
- Texas Tribune, "The latest battle of the Alamo pits Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick against Land Commissioner George P. Bush," by Stacy Fernandez, Dec. 18, 2019
- ThinkProgress.org, "Rep. Allen West's 15 Most Outrageous Statements," by Zachary Bernstein, Feb 16, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Greg Abbott: Bans mail-order abortion drugs.
Greg Abbott: No abortions for rape, claims he'll "eliminate all rapists".
Greg Abbott: Abortions unnecessary except for woman's life or health.
Budget & Economy|
Allen West: Was CEO of think tank that went bankrupt.
Allen West: Gay marriage is an oxymoron.
Allen West: Liberal women have been neutering American men.
Allen West: We should be censoring American news agencies.
Allen West: Denounced "new religion" of same-sex marriage.
George P. Bush: Redesign Alamo without statue of Mexican Pres. Santa Ana.
Don Huffines: Supports school choice and teaching creationism.
Energy & Oil|
Allen West: Opposes Green New Deal; protect petrochemical industry.
Greg Abbott: Vetoed bill protecting dogs, then backtracked.
Greg Abbott: Increased penalty for illegal voting & 2020 election audit.
Chad Prather: Texas should govern itself, not 2.5 million bureaucrats.
Greg Abbott: No "heavy hand of regulation" attracts business to Texas.
Allen West: Supports permitless concealed carry of handguns.
Greg Abbott: Texas will hire fired unvaccinated Border Patrol officers.
Allen West: Opposed TX governor for COVID restrictions & accommodations.
Don Huffines: COVID: opposed mask mandate; Texas reopened too slowly.
Allen West: Protested Governor's pandemic-related business closures.
Allen West: Accused of torturing Iraqi informant; firing gun near head.
Allen West: Texas's sovereignty threatened by Mexico.
Principles & Values|
Allen West: Religious coexistence "would give away our country".
Allen West: Likened Democrats to Nazis, Socialists, Communists.
Allen West: I don't serve Trump; I serve God, country and Texas.
Chad Prather: COVID: Would prefer UFOs to masks and vaccines.
Don Huffines: Republican leaders can't be trusted; don't follow platform.
Allen West: 2020 election: Only one view of Constitution (pro-Trump).
Allen West: Branded Texas GOP with motto used by QAnon.
Chad Prather: I'm going to help Texas secede from socialism that's coming.
Allen West: Called Social Security "21st century slavery".
Allen West: Claims Texas tax system based on principles of Karl Marx.
The above quotations are from 2022 Texas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022; contenders:
TX 2022 Gubernatorial debate:
Incumbent Greg Abbott(R)
vs.State Sen.Don Huffines(R)
vs.U.S.Rep. Allen West(? R)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 Texas gubernatorial debate,
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: