Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2021 Virginia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2021 VA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Amanda Chase (2) Republican Senate Challenger Virginia
- Ken Cuccinelli (1) Virginia Republican Challenger
- Mark Herring (12) Virginia Democratic candidate for governor
- Ralph Northam (1) Virginia Democratic Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Virginia 2021 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Press Releases from the Office of the Attorney General (Mark Herring), March 23- 30, 2020
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Controversial state Sen. Amanda Chase announces run for governor," by Justin Mattingly, 2/17/2020
- Virginian-Pilot Op-Ed, "Justice reform a Virginia necessity," by Mark Herring, Nov 17, 2019
- Rewire News, "Virginia's Abortion Landscape Could Change Drastically If Democrats Take Majorities," by Dennis Carter, 11/1/2019
- Blue Virginia, "AG Mark Herring Reiterates Call for Marijuana Reform," July 18, 2019
- The Dogwood Daily, "Virginia A.G. Mark Herring fights to get Blackjewel miners paid", by Davis Burroughs, 7/17/2019
- Blue Virginia, "AG Mark Herring Defends Human Rights of Immigrant Children in Civil Detention," July 10, 2019
- CBS Face the Nation, "ICE is ready to deport 1 million undocumented immigrants," by Camilo Montoya-Galvez, 7/7/19
- NewsOne, "Fairfax and Northam put differences aside for gun control after Virginia Beach shooting," by Bruce C.T. Wright, 6/4/2019
- Virginian-Pilot, "AG Mark Herring explains why he called for Northam's resignation," by Laura Vozzella, 3/5/19
- The Hill, "Virginia's one, black statewide official is lone protester during Robert E. Lee Tribute," by Morgan Gstalter, 1/19/2019
The Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star, "Vogel-Fairfax in tight race for Lieutenant governor," by Scott Shenk, 10/29/2017
- (More citations and excerpts to follow when available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Amanda Chase: How can any human being in good conscience kill a baby?
Mark Herring: Governor should resign after wearing blackface, but not me.
Ralph Northam: Outed for blackface photo in 1984 medical school yearbook.
Mark Herring: Reform cash bail; more diversity in judiciary.
Mark Herring: More resources for public safety and law enforcement.
Mark Herring: Marijuana criminalization doesn't work; expunge records.
Mark Herring: Cannabis reform: decriminalization marijuana possession.
Mark Herring: Crack down on dealers & traffickers who profit off addiction.
Families & Children|
Mark Herring: Innovative tech to protect children & catch perpetrators.
Amanda Chase: Running for governor to uphold right to carry arms.
Mark Herring: No more political games with preexisting conditions.
Mark Herring: Children held at border in inhumane conditions.
Ken Cuccinelli: Politicians interfere with efforts of ICE to do their job.
Mark Herring: Repay miners who remain unpaid due to mine bankruptcy.
War & Peace|
Mark Herring: Fights taking military construction money for border wall.
The above quotations are from 2021 Virginia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: