Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 North Dakota Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 ND Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Doug Burgum (9) North Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
- Michael Coachman (12) North Dakota Republican candidate for governor
- Whitney Williams (1) Montana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
North Dakota 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- SayAnythingBlog, "Who Is Dr. Shelley Lenz, the Veterinarian Who Wants to Be Governor?", 2/12/2020
- The Dickinson Press, "Dickinson/Killdeer veterinarian to run for governor", by Kayla Henson, 1/31/2020
- Bismarck Tribune, "Past North Dakota candidate announces 2020 gubernatorial campaign," by Jack Dura, Sep 16, 2019
- Bismarck Tribune, "Coachman announces 2020 North Dakota gubernatorial campaign," by Jack Dura, Sep 16, 2019
- InForum.com, "Burgum approves Social Security income tax break," by John Hageman, Apr 30, 2019
- Fargo-Moorhead Forum (inforum.com), "Burgum signs 'abortion reversal' notification bill," by John Hageman, Mar 22, 2019
- Associated Press, "North Dakota Legislature repeals Sunday morning shopping ban," by James Macpherson, March 19, 2019
- NewsDakota.com, "Governor proclaims 'North Dakota School Choice Week'," by Warren Abrahamson, January 17, 2019
- Fargo-Moorhead Forum, "USMCA comes through for North Dakota", by Gov. Doug Burgum, Dec 19, 2018
- Bismarck Tribune, "Candidates come into focus in North Dakota secretary of state race," by Jack Dura, Oct 18, 2018
- The MinuteMan Blog, "Michael Coachman: Retired Air Force Veteran for Secretary of State," by T. Arthur Mason, October 27, 2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- West Fargo Pioneer, "North Dakota politicos respond to threat of Chinese tariffs on ag exports," , Apr 4, 2018
- Bismarck Tribune, "Lawsuit claims N.D. 'gives away' $2B with Lake Sakakawea mineral law," by Amy Dalrymple, Jan 10, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Michael Coachman: Individuals, including unborn, have intrinsic right to life.
Doug Burgum: Law requires doctors to say some abortions reversible.
Michael Coachman: Nurture strong marriages of one man and one woman.
Doug Burgum: Repeal Sunday morning shopping ban.
Michael Coachman: Preserve right of self-defense without excessive burdens.
Michael Coachman: Don't restrict children in prayer, religious expression.
Doug Burgum: Proclaimed North Dakota School Choice Week.
Families & Children|
Michael Coachman: Committed to God, his family, the Constitution, integrity.
Doug Burgum: North American trade deal good for farmers, ranchers.
Doug Burgum: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Doug Burgum: Trade war with China, & tariffs, hurting domestic farmers.
Michael Coachman: Size of government & regulations should be limited.
Michael Coachman: Work with tribal leaders to resolve concerns over voter ID.
Michael Coachman: Make acquiring absentee ballots easier.
Michael Coachman: Uphold right solemnly confirmed by 2d Amendment.
Principles & Values|
Michael Coachman: People should be responsible for their own behavior.
Doug Burgum: Reinvented state government amid a $1B revenue shortfall.
Michael Coachman: Volunteers at prison ministry and Christian school.
Whitney Williams: Stand on the Constitution from beginning to end.
Doug Burgum: Enacted tax break for Social Security recipients.
Michael Coachman: Taxes for government, not forced redistribution of wealth.
Doug Burgum: USMCA trade deal protects intellectual property rights.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Doug Burgum North Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
- Michael Coachman North Dakota Republican candidate for governor
- Whitney Williams Montana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2020 North Dakota Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: