Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Kansas Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 KS Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Barbara Bollier (20) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
- Barry Grissom (2) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
- Dave Lindstrom (34) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
- Jake LaTurner (6) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
- Pat Roberts (3) Republican Sr (Retiring 2020) Kansas
- Roger Marshall (14) Republican Senate challenger Kansas
- Susan Wagle (6) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Kansas 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 Kansas Senate race (Roger Marshall & Dave Lindstrom), downloaded Oct. 2020
- CampusElect survey (Barbara Bollier vs. Roger Marshall), September 2020
- KWCH 12-CBS, "US Rep. Roger Marshall can't list himself as 'Doc' on ballot," by Andy Tsubasa Field, Jun 05, 2020
- The Pittsburg Morning Sun, "Senate candidate Roger Marshall makes campaign visit to Pittsburg," by Jonathan Riley, Jun 4, 2020
- CNN Politics, "Republican congressman says he's taking hydroxychloroquine too," by Veronica Stracqualursi, May 20, 2020
- Wall Street Journal, "Former Republican Helps Put Kansas Senate Seat in Play for Democrats," by Lindsay Wise, May 15, 2020
- Kansas State Collegian, "Susan Wagle discusses why she's running for Senate with College Republicans," by Grace Jacobson, Apr 28, 2020
- Baptist Church Word and Way, "Easter Services Caught in Kansas Political Fight," by Brian Kaylor, April 10, 2020
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "Kansas coronavirus update: Gov. Laura Kelly condemns A.G. & legislators," by Sherman Smith, Apr 8, 2020
- KSN Wichita NBC-TV, "Medicaid expansion at a standstill after abortion amendment failure," by Korinne Griffith, Feb 11, 2020
- Pittsburg Morning Sun, "Kansas cannabis enters year two," by Jonathan Riley, Jan 6, 2020
- Fox News, "Marshall: Trump's trade deals will ensure long-term success for America's farmers," by Talia Kaplan, Dec. 23, 2019
- KWCH TV-12-CBS, "Barry Grissom withdraws from US Senate race, endorses Barbara Bollier," Oct 17, 2019
- Wichita Eagle, "Bollier launches Senate campaign after 2018 switch from Republican to Democrat," by Jonathan Shorman, 10/16/19
- Shawnee Mission Post, "Sen. Bollier details concerns on gun violence, suggests possible remedies," by Juliana Garcia, September 17, 2019
- The Hutchinson News, "Making the argument for a border wall," by Susan Wagle, Sep 5, 2019
- San Jose Mercury News, "U.S. Senate candidate Dave Lindstrom talks immigration, border security," by Hailey Dixon, Aug 14, 2019
- Ottawa Herald, "Lindstrom hopes to break trend in Senate race," by Greg Mast, Jul 24, 2019
- Associated Press, "Ex-Chiefs player, businessman runs for US Senate in Kansas," by John Hanna, June 27, 2019
- Hays Post, "We must not give up on protecting life," OpEd by Jake LaTurner, 4/29/2019
- Wichita Eagle, "Wagle's roadmap: stick close to Trump, push back hard against Kelly," by Bryan Lowry & Jonathan Shorman, 4/17/19
- Wichita Eagle, "Former Chiefs player gears up for 2020 Senate run," by Bryan Lowry, March 04, 2019
- Wichita Eagle, "Bollier, at odds with GOP over Trump, LGBT issues, turns Democrat," by Jonathan Shorman, December 12, 2018
- Heavy.com, "Barbara Bollier: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know," December 2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- Vote-USA.org Kansas Senate Guide (Pat Roberts), 4/24/2008
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Roger Marshall: Believes life begins at conception and should be protected.
Dave Lindstrom: Led local fight against funding Planned Parenthood.
Barbara Bollier: Protect women's privacy in their medical decisions.
Dave Lindstrom: Committed to culture of life; opposes late-term abortions.
Jake LaTurner: Innocent unborn children are among our most vulnerable.
Jake LaTurner: Innocent unborn children are among our most vulnerable.
Budget & Economy|
Roger Marshall: Lower taxes & decreased regulation for American greatness.
Dave Lindstrom: Growth in regulations affects ability to create jobs.
Barbara Bollier: Infrastructure key to rural Kansas, including broadband.
Barbara Bollier: Work to increase transparency in budgeting process.
Dave Lindstrom: National debt is a huge problem.
Barbara Bollier: Pass Equality Act; end ban on trans service members.
Susan Wagle: Coronavirus church restrictions violate rights.
Barbara Bollier: Validate transgender identity.
Barbara Bollier: Left GOP over anti-transgender language in party platform.
Roger Marshall: Protests okay, but we have to be a land of law and order.
Barry Grissom: Clean up gang activity; target child sex offenders.
Roger Marshall: Supports cultivation of industrial hemp.
Dave Lindstrom: Get federal government out of the student loan business.
Barbara Bollier: Ensure every student a high quality K-12 education.
Barbara Bollier: Opposes making college free for everyone.
Energy & Oil|
Barbara Bollier: Invest in green energy opportunities to create jobs.
Roger Marshall: Overturn EPA rules surrounding Waters of the US.
Families & Children|
Dave Lindstrom: Raise cap for tax free accounts for dependent care.
Dave Lindstrom: Focus of wars & alliances should be American interests.
Dave Lindstrom: Support of Israel benefits US strategically & economically.
Barbara Bollier: Diplomacy is our first line of defense in national security.
Roger Marshall: Supported USMCA trade deal replacing NAFTA.
Dave Lindstrom: Supports "fair trade" benefiting Americans over "free trade".
Barbara Bollier: Farmers don't want aid: want to sell crops and livestock.
Roger Marshall: Trump trade deals provides certainty to farmers.
Dave Lindstrom: Farmers support Trump's trade war and tariffs.
Pat Roberts: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Dave Lindstrom: Term limits: no more than 12 years House/Senate combined.
Dave Lindstrom: Eliminate Congressional pensions, let them save up.
Dave Lindstrom: Confirm constitutionalist judges who respect Rule of Law.
Barbara Bollier: Lobbying ban for ex-officials; overturn Citizens United.
Barbara Bollier: Prevent foreign election interference in bipartisan way.
Roger Marshall: Never encroach on citizens' right to defend themselves.
Dave Lindstrom: An assault rifle ban would have no effect on crime.
Barbara Bollier: Restrict assault rifles, impose limits on ammunition.
Dave Lindstrom: Guns don't create violence, might support background checks.
Jake LaTurner: A+ rating from NRA for passage of Constitutional Carry.
Roger Marshall: He and family took hydroxychloroquine to prevent coronavirus.
Roger Marshall: Government interferes with doctor-patient relationship.
Dave Lindstrom: Transparency in price and services provided helps consumers.
Dave Lindstrom: Let Medicare have power to negotiate drug prices.
Barbara Bollier: Supports Medicaid expansion & public option.
Susan Wagle: Unconstitutional to ban church gatherings for coronavirus.
Susan Wagle: Bars Medicaid expansion without abortion restrictions.
Barbara Bollier: Focus on inaccessibility of healthcare and unaffordability.
Barry Grissom: Focus on expanding health care access and affordability.
Dave Lindstrom: Supports a market-based approach for healthcare.
Susan Wagle: Medicaid expansion is socialism.
Roger Marshall: Proudly supported a 20% increase in military funding.
Dave Lindstrom: Military funding should be untouchable priority.
Barbara Bollier: Increase accountability of Veterans Administration.
Roger Marshall: Turn off magnets for migrants to enter under false pretenses.
Dave Lindstrom: No discussion of immigration reform until border secured.
Dave Lindstrom: National security starts with wall on southern border.
Susan Wagle: President Trump is right; we must build a wall.
Dave Lindstrom: Build wall in some areas; use technology in other areas.
Dave Lindstrom: We need to grow, but make sure they're coming in legally.
Jake LaTurner: Protect our country; build the wall.
Dave Lindstrom: Bring American manufacturing back from China.
Principles & Values|
Roger Marshall: His nickname "Doc" disallowed on primary ballot.
Dave Lindstrom: A vocal advocate for capitalism; socialism is a cancer.
Dave Lindstrom: America must repent & pray for an awakening and revival.
Barbara Bollier: She didn't leave GOP; they left her.
Susan Wagle: We need to be a more diverse party to remain relevant.
Dave Lindstrom: Concerned about growing embrace of socialism.
Dave Lindstrom: Played on KC Chiefs; served on Turnpike Authority's board.
Barbara Bollier: Committed to protecting Social Security & Medicare.
Pat Roberts: All options for difficult choices for long term viability.
Dave Lindstrom: Draconian taxation robs the economy of incentives.
Barbara Bollier: Instead of corporate tax breaks, provide middle class relief.
Jake LaTurner: Balance the budget; no tax Increases.
Dave Lindstrom: Rural broadband must be a top priority.
Dave Lindstrom: Revisit libel laws & media protections.
Dave Lindstrom: Make critical infrastructure a priority.
Pat Roberts: Risk of identity theft higher with advanced tech.
War & Peace|
Dave Lindstrom: Iran is the leading state sponsor of terrorism in the world.
Dave Lindstrom: Measure military success with clearly articulable goals.
Welfare & Poverty|
Roger Marshall: Work requirement for able-bodied adults on food stamps.
Jake LaTurner: Work requirements and drug testing for welfare recipients.
The above quotations are from 2020 Kansas Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)