Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
News coverage of `Red Wave` 2020 House races in Florida
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 House FL elections (number of quotes indicated):
- Byron Donalds (5) Republican U.S. Rep Florida-19
- Carlos Gimenez (3) Republican U.S. Rep Florida-26
- Kat Cammack (4) Republican U.S. Rep Florida-3
- Maria Elvira Salazar (3) Republican U.S. Rep Florida-27
- Michael Waltz (1) Republican U.S. Rep Florida- 6
- Val Demings (3) Democratic Challenger Florida
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2020 House race coverage: Red Wave in Florida:
- FL-27: Tampa Bay Times, "How Florida Republicans voted on Marjorie Taylor Greene," by Michael Van Sickler, 2/4/2021
- FL-26: WLRN Miami/South Florida podcast, "Congressman Carlos Gimenez, New Study on Foster Care, Gyms During COVID-19," 2/1/2021
- FL-19: WINK News, "GOP Congressman Byron Donalds claims Democrats are weaponizing race," by Morgan Rynor and Melissa Montoya, 1/15/2021
- FL-3: The Gainesville Sun, "Kat Cammack goes all in on election claims," by Sarah Nelson, 1/7/2021
- FL-26: Miami Herald, "After running as a moderate, Carlos Gimenez votes to overturn electoral colleges results," by Alex Daugherty, Douglas Hanks, and David Smiley, 1/7/2021
- FL-3: Fox News, "Representative Kat Cammack says she'll fly Israeli flag next to Tlaib's office," by Evie Fordham, 1/7/2021
- FL-27: CNA Catholic News Agency, "Florida pro-life candidate unseats former Clinton HHS Secretary in House Race," 11/6/2020
- FL-19: Naples Daily News, "Byron Donalds wins election to U.S. House District 19," by Andrew West, 11/3/2020
- FL-5: Florida Daily, "Michael Waltz, Deb Haaland Call on Defense Department to Close Child Care Gaps for Military Families," by Kevin Derby, 08.10.20
- FL-15: Bay News 9, "Scott Franklin On Why He's Challenging Ross Spano in GOP District 15 Race," by Mitch Perry, 4/17/2020
- FL-10: House Press Release, Demings.house.gov. "Terrorism Preparedness". February 14, 2020
- FL-10: House Press Release, Demings.house.gov. "HIV/AIDS Funding". January 31, 2020
- FL-27: Miami Herald, "Maria Elvira Salazar will vote for 'any type of tower, any type of guards' at U.S.-Mexico Border," by Alex Daugherty, 9/10/2018
Special coverage of "Red Wave" states:
- CA: 7 new House members including 1 Democrat hold & 2 Republican holds; and 3 Republican takeovers + 1 SPEL takeover
- FL: 5 new House members, including 2 Republican holds and 3 Republican takeovers
- NY: 5 new House members including 3 Democrat holds & 1 Republican hold; and 1 Republican takeover + 1 SPEL hold
- TX: 7 new House members, all 7 Republican holds.
- All other states: 52 new House members including 10 Republican takeovers and 3 Democratic takeovers
- Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
- 2021 House incumbents: continuing coverage of the 117th Congress
Conclusion: the "Red Wave" means Republicans made some gains in Congress when they were expected to lose seats.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kat Cammack: Does not support Roe v. Wade.
Budget & Economy|
Carlos Gimenez: Yes to stimulus, but not if it threatens jobs.
Byron Donalds: Weaponizing race will only divide the nation further.
Maria Elvira Salazar: Secure the Mexican border against drug smugglers.
Energy & Oil|
Kat Cammack: Disappointed in decision to stop Keystone Pipeline.
Byron Donalds: High-level summits on toxic algae and red tide.
Kat Cammack: Shows support for Israel with flag outside her office door.
Byron Donalds: Stop endless wars and ensure US is leader of free world.
Carlos Gimenez: Voted to object to election results in PA and AZ.
Kat Cammack: Questioned whether presidential election was free and fair.
Byron Donalds: ObamaCare is a government takeover of health insurance.
Val Demings: Obtained $2.1 million to help those with HIV/AIDS.
Michael Waltz: Close child care gaps for military families.
Val Demings: Got terror-prevention and preparedness grant under DHS.
Maria Elvira Salazar: Secure border but give visas to those come legally.
Byron Donalds: Eliminate visa overstays and secure southern border.
Principles & Values|
Carlos Gimenez: Votes to strip QAnon Representative from committees.
Maria Elvira Salazar: Criticizes both Dems and Republicans for offensive comments.
War & Peace|
Val Demings: Killing Iran General Soleimani was reckless & destabilizing.
The above quotations are from News coverage of `Red Wave` 2020 House races in Florida.