Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Speeches at Conservative Political Action Conferences (2020s)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Speeches at CPAC (2020s) (number of quotes indicated):
- Dan Bongino (1) Republican Challenger Maryland
- Donald Trump (21) Republican Presidential incumbent
- James Lankford (2) Republican Senate challenger Oklahoma
- Josh Hawley (4) Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
- Kristi Noem (2) South Dakota Republican
- Madison Cawthorne (2)
- Marsha Blackburn (2) Republican Challenger for TN Senator Tennessee
- Mike Lee (1) Republican Jr Senator Utah
- Mike Pence (9) Indiana Republican Vice President
- Mike Pompeo (7) Kansas Former Secretary of State
- Ron DeSantis (4) Florida Republican candidate for governor
- Ted Budd (2) Republican U.S. Rep North Carolina- 13
- Ted Cruz (4) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Tom Cotton (3) Republican Senator Arkansas
- Virginia Foxx (1) Republican U.S. Rep North Carolina-5
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
The American Conservative Union holds the "CPAC Conference" annually, with a wide range of conservative speakers and candidates.
- The ACU conducts a "straw poll" at each CPAC conference, indicating preferences for the next Republican presidential primary. While indicative mostly of conservative sentiment, this poll is widely reported in the media.
- In 2021, for the first time, the ACU held two CPAC conferences: one in February and one in July, due to COVID restrictions.
- Dates and places for CPAC conferences in the 2020s:
- July 9-11, 2021: Dallas, Texas (Second Conference, "America UnCanceled")
- Feb. 25-28, 2021: Orlando, Florida (First Conference, "America Uncanceled")
- Feb. 26-29, 2020: National Harbor, Maryland; theme: "America vs. Socialism"
- Conservative Political Action Conferences (speech excerpts and news coverage):
- Fox News Politics, "Noem, at CPAC, argues country needs to 'fix damage' Biden is doing," by Paul Steinhauser, 7/11/21
- Dallas News, "At CPAC, Biden's senility a given," by Todd J. Gillman, Jul 10, 2021
- Dallas News, "Challenger Don Huffines blasts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's record at Dallas CPAC convention," by Gromer Jeffers Jr., Jul 10, 2021
- Remarks at CPAC Conference on Feb 27, 2021 by Dan Bongino, Gov. Kristi Noem,
- Remarks at CPAC Conference on Feb 26, 2021 by Sen. Josh Hawley, Rep. Madison Cawthorne, Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Ted Budd, Sen. Ted Cruz, Sen. Tom Cotton, Gov. Ron DeSantis, Sen. James Lankford
- Remarks by President Trump at the 2020 CPAC Conference Feb 29, 2020
- Remarks at CPAC Conference on Feb 28, 2020 by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
- Remarks at CPAC Conference on Feb 27, 2020 by V.P. Mike Pence
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mike Pompeo: Most pro-life administration in history of the United States.
Mike Pompeo: Abortion isn't a human right; it takes a human life.
Mike Pence: Trump is the most pro-life president in American history.
Budget & Economy|
Madison Cawthorne: Not going to promise you free things; I offer your freedom.
Donald Trump: Transgender protections destroying women's sports.
James Lankford: COVID: Treat churches the same as beauty shops & bars.
Ted Cruz: Worship however you like; that's the beauty of freedom.
Josh Hawley: I would start by breaking up the big tech corporations.
Donald Trump: No more estate tax on small farms, small business.
Tom Cotton: If you don't have security, you don't have anything.
Donald Trump: Biden has sold out America's children to the teachers unions.
Ted Budd: Far left wants to focus everything America got wrong.
Virginia Foxx: Powerful teachers unions have seized control of schools.
Donald Trump: Defend free speech on college campuses.
Mike Pence: Give parents right to choose: public, private, parochial.
Energy & Oil|
Donald Trump: Could have made a deal on Paris Accord but didn't want to.
Mike Pompeo: We won't make solar panels; Chinese panels will flood market.
Donald Trump: We've ended the war on American energy; we're independent.
Families & Children|
Donald Trump: Expanded child tax credit was pushed by Ivanka Trump.
Marsha Blackburn: Stand against Big Tech aiding Chinese Communist Party.
Donald Trump: Coronavirus: We can help Iran, all they have to do is ask.
Mike Pompeo: Dangerous agreements like Iran's made us less safe.
Mike Pence: The world knows this: America stands with Israel.
Donald Trump: Trumpism means great trade deals.
Donald Trump: No other president ever thought of imposing tariffs on China.
Mike Pence: China's on notice that the era of economic surrender is over.
Donald Trump: Only one election day, and limit absentee ballot access.
Donald Trump: HR 1 election reform bill: this monster must be stopped.
James Lankford: Urges states to repeal bans on funding of religious schools.
Josh Hawley: We ought to have a debate election integrity.
Ron DeSantis: Ban ballot harvesting, outside groups interfering.
Mike Pence: Impeachment 2020: Trump was acquitted forever.
Mike Pompeo: Second Amendment builds communities & strong families.
Ted Cruz: No rioters came to Houston because of Second Amendment.
Kristi Noem: COVID didn't crash the economy; government crushed it.
Ron DeSantis: COVID: We got it right and the lock down states got it wrong.
Mike Pence: COVID: February 2020--We're ready for anything.
Ted Cruz: Protecting US Capitol is "political theater".
Mike Pence: We've made the strongest military in history of the world.
Josh Hawley: We believe in borders because we believe in citizenship.
Ron DeSantis: Against open borders, amnesty, cheap foreign labor.
Tom Cotton: Why are they undocumented? Because they're illegal.
Donald Trump: Countless Americans are killed every year by criminal aliens.
Donald Trump: Coronavirus: Border security is also health security.
Mike Pence: National security starts with border security.
Principles & Values|
Donald Trump: Our very identity as Americans is at stake.
Donald Trump: No other president had audience chant they love him.
Dan Bongino: You're not vanquished until you consider yourself defeated.
Kristi Noem: We're exceptional; no American should apologize for that.
Josh Hawley: America is the greatest nation in the history of the world.
Madison Cawthorne: Strong governments that fix problems can take your liberty.
Mike Lee: Government not a noble aspiration; just coercive force.
Ted Budd: Teach the next generation to love our country.
Ted Cruz: Liberty is under assault from the hard left; we will fight.
Tom Cotton: No more urgent task than simple, unapologetic patriotism.
Donald Trump: America is the greatest nation to ever exist.
Donald Trump: Desperate far-left radicals demand absolute conformity.
Mike Pompeo: God blessed US to stand for religious freedom.
Mike Pence: Socialism has failed everywhere it has been tried.
Donald Trump: The time has come to break up big tech monopolies.
Marsha Blackburn: Protect user privacy: take away Section 230 from Big Tech.
Ron DeSantis: Hold big tech accountable for political censorship.
War & Peace|
Mike Pompeo: North Korean policy deterred missile tests & nuclear weapons.
Donald Trump: Withdrew from Syria, but left soldiers to keep the oil.
Welfare & Poverty|
Donald Trump: 9,000 Opportunities Zones are transforming neighborhoods.
The above quotations are from Speeches at Conservative Political Action Conferences (2020s).