Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
LGBTQ Town Hall: hosted by CNN in Los Angeles
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CNN LGBT Town Hall (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (10) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Beto O`Rourke (5) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Cory Booker (7) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Elizabeth Warren (7) Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden (5) Democratic V.P.
- Julian Castro (1) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Kamala Harris (7) California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Pete Buttigieg (5) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tom Steyer (7) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Amy Klobuchar: Collect data on GLBT issues so we can persuade Congress.
Amy Klobuchar: Throughout career, fighting hate crimes a priority.
Amy Klobuchar: Ban conversion therapy; it makes no sense at all.
Amy Klobuchar: Yes to federal law that allows third gender on documents.
Beto O`Rourke: Conversion therapy for gay children is tantamount to torture.
Cory Booker: Blacks were fractions of human, in original Constitution.
Cory Booker: We must enforce equal rights in schools.
Cory Booker: Always fights for LGBTQ and will pass Equality Act.
Elizabeth Warren: If you believe in one-man-one-woman, marry just one woman!
Joe Biden: Raised in 1960s to treat homosexuality as basic love.
Joe Biden: Pass Equality Act, enforce Civil Rights Act to protect LGBTQ.
Joe Biden: Yes to transgender in military and right to do as others do.
Kamala Harris: I performed same-sex marriages in 2004, AND later ones.
Kamala Harris: End unequal treatment under law by sexual orientation.
Kamala Harris: Protect those who are more vulnerable to hate.
Pete Buttigieg: I knew I was different long before I knew I was gay.
Pete Buttigieg: An Equality Act will fight discrimination on many fronts.
Amy Klobuchar: Safe harbor for prostitutes;but don't decriminalize sex work.
Beto O`Rourke: More resources to fight hate crime against black trans women.
Cory Booker: Presidential office on hate crimes and white supremacy.
Kamala Harris: I fought and ended the "gay panic" defense.
Tom Steyer: Transgendered hate crimes: unequivocally prosecute severely.
Elizabeth Warren: Secretary of Ed should enforce civil rights and value all.
Energy & Oil|
Elizabeth Warren: Environmental standards in trade agreements.
Families & Children|
Amy Klobuchar: Churches & agencies should follow law on gay rights.
Amy Klobuchar: Make it easier for LGBTQ couples to adopt.
Joe Biden: US should promote LGBTQ rights worldwide; stop aid if needed.
Tom Steyer: Represent LGBT rights in human rights action abroad.
Elizabeth Warren: Countries want to trade with us; so push for human rights.
Amy Klobuchar: Pass Equality Act by marshalling public support.
Cory Booker: Paid family leave and child tax credit expansion for all.
Elizabeth Warren: Pass Equality Act in Senate with more Dems or end filibuster.
Tom Steyer: 12-year Congressional term limits for generational shift.
Amy Klobuchar: Take on Big Pharma, to make drugs more affordable.
Amy Klobuchar: More mental health resources for LGBTQ.
Beto O`Rourke: Distribute PrEP to everyone, at reduced cost.
Cory Booker: Forbid charging more for drugs in U.S. than elsewhere.
Elizabeth Warren: AIDS drugs should be available at cost for all.
Joe Biden: By 2021, ACA says insurance must pay for expensive HIV drugs.
Kamala Harris: Federal funding for PrEP to prevent HIV/AIDS.
Pete Buttigieg: Good care for all and affordable prevention for all.
Tom Steyer: Big Pharma charges Americans 10x what they charge abroad.
Tom Steyer: Directly fund academic research to find cure for AIDS.
Beto O`Rourke: Why do we check for HIV at the border and no other diseases?
Beto O`Rourke: Don't turn away asylum seekers who return home to face death.
Tom Steyer: Trump's border policy is a crime against humanity.
Principles & Values|
Cory Booker: His faith taught love, so he fought his own homophobia.
Kamala Harris: The power of a president's support will help LGBTQ youth.
Pete Buttigieg: Invest in mental health and build community.
Pete Buttigieg: Religious freedom does not mean the right to hurt others.
Tom Steyer: Collect census data on LGBTQ status.
Welfare & Poverty|
Elizabeth Warren: Need funding to help LGBTQ homeless youth.
Julian Castro: Bring back LGBT non-discrimination policies for HUD housing.
Kamala Harris: Use the tax code to alleviate homelessness.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Amy Klobuchar Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Beto O`Rourke Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Cory Booker New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Elizabeth Warren Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden Democratic V.P.
- Julian Castro Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Kamala Harris California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Pete Buttigieg Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tom Steyer Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
The above quotations are from LGBTQ Town Hall: hosted by CNN in Los Angeles.
Debates and Surveys in the 2020 Democratic Primary:
- October Democratic candidates debate in Ohio, (Oct. 15, 2019)
- CNN LGBT Town Hall (Oct. 10, 2019)
- Business Insider Republican candidates debate, (Sept. 24, 2019)
- September Democratic candidates debate in Houston, (Sept. 12, 2019)
- CNN Climate Town Hall (Sept. 4, 2019)
- June Democratic candidates debate in Miami, (June 26-27, 2019)
- July Democratic candidates debate in Detroit (July 30-31, 2019)
- Survey of 2020 Presidential campaign websites
- Politico 2020Dems Presidential survey
- NPR Morning Edition 2020 Presidential survey
- CNN Kfile, investigative reporting on presidential contenders
- Jacobin Magazine, socialist perspectives on presidential contenders
- CNN Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- Fox Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org
Books by 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Mueller Report, investigation and commentary (2019)
- From the Ground Up, by Howard Schultz (2019)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- The Right Answer, by John Delaney (2018)
- An Unlikely Journey, by Julian Castro (2018)
- Healing the Soul of America, by Marianne Williamson (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Opposite of Woe, by John Hickenlooper (2016)
- The Senator Next Door, by Amy Klobuchar (2015)
- Off the Sidelines, Kirsten Gillibrand (2014)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Beto O'Rourke (2011)
Page last edited: Nov 06, 2019