Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
ABC This Week interviews during 2020
(Martha Raddatz interviewing candidates for 2020 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from ABC This Week interviews during 2020 (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (4) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Bernie Sanders (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Bill Weld (1) Massachusetts Republican presidential primary challenger
- Donald Trump (21) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Doug Jones (1) Democratic Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Jeff Flake (4) Republican Challenger (retiring) Arizona
- Joe Biden (16) Democratic V.P.
- Joe Walsh (1) Illinois Republican presidential primary challenger
- John Delaney (1) Maryland Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MD-6
- John Hickenlooper (1) Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- John Kasich (1) Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- Julian Castro (5) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Kamala Harris (4) California Democratic nominee for Vice President; California Senator
- Kanye West (1) Birthday Party candidate for President
- Kirsten Gillibrand (3) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Lincoln Chafee (1) Rhode Island Independent Rhode Island Governor
- Lindsey Graham (5) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Marco Rubio (1) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Nancy Pelosi (1) Democrat U.S. Rep California-12
- Pete Buttigieg (3) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Peter King (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Ron Wyden (1) Democratic Sr Senator Oregon
- Stacey Abrams (1) Georgia Democratic nominee for Georgia Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": (Jake Tapper and Dana Bash; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: (Chris Wallace and Bret Baier; conservative)
- Meet the Press: (Chuck Todd; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: (Margaret Brennan and John Dickerson; moderate)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Donald Trump: When stocks go up, everyone does well, not just the wealthy.
Donald Trump: Best employment & best homeownership for Black Americans.
Joe Biden: Government should look like the country, by gender & race.
Joe Biden: COVID: Mask mandate is about saving lives.
Stacey Abrams: Voter suppression is rigging the game.
Amy Klobuchar: Paper ballots allow audits, ensure election integrity.
Pete Buttigieg: Voters have judged his record, not his marriage.
Donald Trump: Law-and-order, or you'll see your cities burn.
Donald Trump: I've established law-and-order, except in Democrat cities.
Donald Trump: We have to give police their mojo and let them protect us.
Joe Biden: Vast majority of police are ashamed of what they've seen.
Kamala Harris: Police accountability plus reimagining safe communities.
Joe Biden: No one should be going to jail because they're drug addicts.
Joe Biden: Will fight for policy of decriminalizing marijuana.
Kanye West: Marijuana should be free.
Joe Biden: Triple money to Title One schools; provide early education.
Energy & Oil|
Kamala Harris: Deadlines for reducing greenhouse gases & renewable energy.
Doug Jones: Impeachment warranted if withheld Ukraine aid helped Russia.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Israel went in wrong direction barring Congressional visit.
Pete Buttigieg: Pay attention to assessments of intelligence agencies.
Julian Castro: Strengthen our relationship with allies to keep us safe.
Kirsten Gillibrand: NAFTA 2.0 is a disaster; trade war harms producers.
Jeff Flake: Don't treat trade with Canada as national security threat.
Lindsey Graham: Protect the American steel industry from Chinese dumping.
Amy Klobuchar: Protect voting rights with early voting, mail-in ballots.
Ron Wyden: Protect voting rights with early voting, mail-in ballots.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Machine gun registration is framework for assault weapons.
Julian Castro: The answer to mass shooting is not more guns.
John Hickenlooper: School shootings weaken country by terrorizing ourselves.
Donald Trump: Coronavirus was China's fault; I tried to close border.
Donald Trump: We already have much better healthcare plan, for less money.
Donald Trump: I get things done, like right-to-try drugs.
Donald Trump: COVID: We're very close to having vaccine.
Donald Trump: COVID: If we wouldn't do testing you wouldn't have cases.
Donald Trump: Biden promised a national mask mandate and didn't do it.
Donald Trump: COVID-19 is going to disappear; I still say it.
Joe Biden: Supports national mask mandate.
Joe Biden: We can beat cancer: invest more money in research.
Joe Biden: Coronavirus: Listen to science; step out of the way.
Kamala Harris: COVID: track racial disparities; get vaccines to neediest.
Amy Klobuchar: For public option, taking on Big Pharma.
Pete Buttigieg: Single payer can still allow role for private insurance.
Donald Trump: I never said soldiers are suckers; I do so much for vets.
Donald Trump: I rebuilt our depleted military with $2.5 trillion.
Donald Trump: We want more people to come, via legal merit system.
Jeff Flake: Replace family separation with monitored release.
Lindsey Graham: No northern border wall, yet there's no illegal Canadians.
Lindsey Graham: DACA recipients came here at age; this is their home.
Jeff Flake: Get rid of visa lottery & chain migration.
Julian Castro: Minimum wage should be a living wage.
Bernie Sanders: Helped raise minimum wage at Amazon to $15 per hour.
Principles & Values|
Donald Trump: I'm president of everybody but there are Democrat-run cities.
Donald Trump: I could be more presidential if not for media fake news.
Joe Biden: VP should be the last one in the room on major decisions.
Joe Biden: Expect government to understand people's problems.
Joe Biden: Asking if 70+ year old is fit is legitimate question.
Joe Biden: President's job is to heal; country needs healing.
Kamala Harris: Biden is my model for being a great vice president.
Nancy Pelosi: Donald Trump will be impeached forever.
Joe Walsh: Look into 25th amendment for Donald Trump.
Julian Castro: President should bring people together, not divide.
John Kasich: Why not a bipartisan ticket for president & veep?
Jeff Flake: Only authoritarians say the press is the enemy of the people.
Donald Trump: Fact Check: Claims falsely that Biden would raise all taxes.
Joe Biden: Return top rate to 39.6% from 37%; cap itemized deductions.
Joe Biden: Raise taxes for anybody making over $400K, not mom & pop.
Amy Klobuchar: Changes in corporate tax would fund infrastructure.
John Delaney: Increase marginal rate, tax investments like income.
Julian Castro: Top earners, corporations should pay "fair share".
Bill Weld: Teach skill sets for tech jobs of the future.
Lincoln Chafee: Let's join the rest of the world and go metric.
War & Peace|
Donald Trump: I'm bringing troops back, when advisers wanted war.
Donald Trump: We're creating peace in Mideast; not the old-fashioned way.
Donald Trump: Soldiers don't want to be in Afghanistan.
Peter King: Sue Saudis for 9/11, but maintain relationship.
Marco Rubio: North Korea's nukes are about prestige, not about diplomacy.
Lindsey Graham: Destroy Assad's air force; create safe zones in Syria.
Lindsey Graham: Keep US troops in Syria so ISIS and Iran can't come back.
Welfare & Poverty|
Joe Biden: Help minorities buy homes, start businesses, amass wealth.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Amy Klobuchar Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Bernie Sanders Democratic Presidential candidate
- Bill Weld Massachusetts Republican presidential primary challenger
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential incumbent
- Doug Jones Democratic Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Jeff Flake Republican Challenger (retiring) Arizona
- Joe Biden Democratic V.P.
- Joe Walsh Illinois Republican presidential primary challenger
- John Delaney Maryland Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MD-6
- John Hickenlooper Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- John Kasich Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- Julian Castro Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Kamala Harris California Democratic nominee for Vice President; California Senator
- Kanye West Birthday Party candidate for President
- Kirsten Gillibrand New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Lincoln Chafee Rhode Island Independent Rhode Island Governor
- Lindsey Graham South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Marco Rubio FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Nancy Pelosi Democrat U.S. Rep California-12
- Pete Buttigieg Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Peter King Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Ron Wyden Democratic Sr Senator Oregon
- Stacey Abrams Georgia Democratic nominee for Georgia Governor
The above quotations are from ABC This Week interviews during 2020
(Martha Raddatz interviewing candidates for 2020 races).