Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
News coverage of `Blue Wave` 2018 House races in New Jersey
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 House NJ elections (number of quotes indicated):
- Andy Kim (7) Democrat U.S. Rep New Jersey- 3
- Chris Smith (1)
- Jeff Van Drew (4) Democrat U.S. Rep New Jersey- 2
- Mikie Sherrill (4) Democrat U.S. Rep New Jersey- 11
- Tom Malinowski (2) Democrat U.S. Rep New Jersey- 7
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2018 New Jersey House race news coverage:
- NJ-11: New Jersey State League of Municipalities, "Rep. Sherrill Urges Congress to Act on SALT Cap Relief," December 13, 2019
- NJ-4: Idaho Statesman, "Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong; China furious," Associated Press, Nov. 27, 2019
- NJ-11: MeriTalk.com, "Bipartisan House Bill Supports New NIST CoE, Election Security Research", by Katie Malone, Nov 13, 2019
- NJ-11: The Livingston Patch, "Rep. Sherrill: Here's Why I Voted Yes On Coastline Protection Act," by Eric Kiefer, Sep 16, 2019
- NJ-11: The Livingston Patch, "Rep. Mikie Sherrill Joins Battle To Fund Gateway Tunnel," by Eric Kiefer, Jan 23, 2019
- NJ-3: Rolling Stone, "Why Democrats Should Embrace Pot for the Midterms" By Matt Laslo, 10/29/2018
- NJ-3: NBC Philadelphia "Andy Kim, Running in NJ's 3rd Congressional District in the 2018 Midterm Elections", 10/5/2018
- NJ-3: National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare, "Letter of Endorsement for Andy Kim" by Max Richtman, 8/29/2018
- NJ-2: Cape May County Herald, "Til Pot's Legal It's Illegal," by Bill Barlow Aug 8, 2018
- NJ-3: League of Conservation Voters, "LCV Action Fund endorses Andy Kim For Congress" by Holly Burke, 8/3/2018
- NJ-2: Press of Atlantic City, "Without funding, offshore wind project for AC hangs in limbo" by Claire Lowe, Jun 30, 2017
- (More coverage to follow)
Special coverage of "Blue Wave" states:
- CA: 7 new House members including 6 Democrats and 5 Democratic takeovers
- FL: 5 new House members including 2 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- MI: 5 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- MN: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers (and 1 Republican takeover!)
- NJ: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
- NY: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- PA: 7 new House members including 4 Democrats and 4 Democratic takeovers (with statewide redistricting)
- TX: 10 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- VA: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
- All other states: 51 new House members including 17 Democratic takeovers
- Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
- 2019 House incumbents: continuing coverage of the 116th Congress
Conclusion: the "Blue Wave" means Democrats took over Congress but the rest is media hype.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Mikie Sherrill: Backs public works project connecting NJ and NYC.
Andy Kim: Remove marijuana from controlled substance list.
Jeff Van Drew: Supports medical but not recreational marijuana.
Jeff Van Drew: Supports college affordability via bipartisan common ground.
Energy & Oil|
Andy Kim: We must be leaders in transition to green economy.
Jeff Van Drew: Use green and traditional energy sources to contain costs.
Mikie Sherrill: Vote for moratorium on coastline oil/gas leasing.
Andy Kim: Stop gutting the EPA.
Mikie Sherrill: Co-sponsored bipartisan bill on election security.
Andy Kim: Disapproves of partisan redistricting and voter suppression.
Andy Kim: Strong national security for today's nuclear terrorism.
Tom Malinowski: Opposed Bush administration's policy allowing torture.
Jeff Van Drew: Must not privatize Social Security and Medicare.
Tom Malinowski: Protect Social Security and Medicare.
Andy Kim: Supports Social Security and its role for the elderly.
Mikie Sherrill: Protests federal cap on state, local tax deduction.
Andy Kim: Greater investment in fast-growing STEM industries.
War & Peace|
Chris Smith: U.S. is not kidding about human rights in Hong Kong & China.
The above quotations are from News coverage of `Blue Wave` 2018 House races in New Jersey.