Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
News coverage of `Blue Wave` 2018 House races in Florida
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 House FL elections (number of quotes indicated):
- Alan Grayson (2) Democratic Senate candidate Florida
- Donna Shalala (4) Democrat U.S. Rep Florida- 27
- Greg Steube (7) Republican U.S. Rep Florida- 17
- Michael Waltz (12) Republican U.S. Rep Florida- 6
- Ross Spano (9) Republican U.S. Rep Florida- 15
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2018 Florida House race news coverage:
- FL-27: University of Miami News, “On home turf, Shalala stays focused on policy,” by Maya Bell, 3/20/2019
- FL-27: The New Tropic, “Voter guide: November 2018 Midterm Elections,” 10/22/2018
- FL-27: WJCT Public Media, “Politics In The Sunshine Economy,” by Tom Hudson, 10/2/2018
- FL-6: Florida Daily, "Can a Green Beret 'Waltz' into Congress in Northeast Florida?," by Mike Synan, Sept. 9, 2018
- FL-6: The Daily Commercial (Leesburg), "GOP candidate decries 'carpetbaggers' in race for Congress," by Mark Harper, August 2, 2018
- FL-6: Daytona Beach News-Journal, "Congressional candidates' stances on semiautomatic weapons," by Mark Harper, Feb. 16, 2018
Special coverage of "Blue Wave" states:
- CA: 7 new House members including 6 Democrats and 5 Democratic takeovers
- FL: 5 new House members including 2 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- MI: 5 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- MN: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers (and 1 Republican takeover!)
- NJ: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
- NY: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- PA: 7 new House members including 4 Democrats and 4 Democratic takeovers (with statewide redistricting)
- TX: 10 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- VA: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
- Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
- All other states: 51 new House members including 17 Democratic takeovers
Conclusion: the "Blue Wave" means Democrats took over Congress but the rest is media hype.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Greg Steube: A rating from Florida Right to Life.
Ross Spano: Protect survivors of abortion procedures.
Ross Spano: Not one cent of taxes to fund abortion.
Ross Spano: Equality Act (overruling Bathroom Bill) is bad for freedom.
Greg Steube: Trans women do not belong in women's sports.
Michael Waltz: Endorsed by Police Chief and County Sheriff.
Greg Steube: Veterans who use marijuana are entitled to VA.
Michael Waltz: Education will be a top priority; wants the best for kids.
Energy & Oil|
Ross Spano: OpEd: Spano against progress on climate change.
Michael Waltz: We need to deal with the effects of warming Earth.
Donna Shalala: Agrees with the proponents and goals of the Green New Deal.
Alan Grayson: Visited 180 countries, and every country in Latin America.
Donna Shalala: Trump tariffs are hurting Miami companies.
Greg Steube: More pro-gun bills than any Florida legislator.
Greg Steube: Gun Free zones leave Floridians defenseless.
Ross Spano: NRA congratulates Spano on re-election & pro-gun record.
Michael Waltz: Gun-free zones create soft targets; more security at schools.
Donna Shalala: Defend & improve ACA; create "Medicare Option for All".
Michael Waltz: Work to find the answers to lower cost of healthcare.
Greg Steube: Opposes Affordable Care Act insurance mandate.
Michael Waltz: Top priority is to increase service to country without draft.
Ross Spano: Pathway toward citizenship; but not automatic amnesty.
Michael Waltz: Work on responsible plan to secure our border.
Michael Waltz: Key to good jobs is to reduce regulations & keep taxes low.
Principles & Values|
Ross Spano: His priorities, in order: God, his family and his country.
Ross Spano: Keep Promise to our seniors; don't change benefits.
Michael Waltz: Go after entitlements, but others besides Social Security.
Michael Waltz: Fight to lower taxes and reduce regulations.
Donna Shalala: SMART plan: More federal funds for rapid transit buses.
War & Peace|
Greg Steube: Congressional approval slows action on Iran.
Ross Spano: US withdrawal from Syria creates instability.
Michael Waltz: Don't let ISIS reconstitute; stay in Syria & Iraq.
Michael Waltz: National security adviser to Vice President Cheney.
Alan Grayson: Sued those who profited illegally from the war in Iraq.
The above quotations are from News coverage of `Blue Wave` 2018 House races in Florida.