Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Pennsylvania Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Allyson Schwartz (6) Pennsylvania Democratic Challenger
- Katie McGinty (8) Democratic Senate candidate Pennsylvania
- Tom Corbett (4) Pennsylvania Republican Governor
- Tom Wolf (15) Pennsylvania Democratic Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race:
- Washington Times, "Where McCord, McGinty, Schwartz and Wolf stand," May 17, 2014
- The Patriot News, "Where the Democratic Pa. gubernatorial candidates stand on issues", by the Associated Press, May 10, 2014
- Pittsburgh City Paper, "Planned Parenthood throws support behind Allyson Schwartz," by Charlie Deitch, Feb 26, 2014
- Politico.com, "Gore backs McGinty in Pa. primary," by Tal Kopan, 2/20/2014
- Washington Post, "Corbett will drop lottery privatization plan", 1/2/2014
- Philadephia Magazine AdWatch, 12/20/2013
- The Morning Call coverage, 12/18/2013
- KeystonePolitics AdWatch, 12/5/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Katie McGinty: Oppose any effort to further restrict abortion rights.
Tom Wolf: Support abortion rights.
Allyson Schwartz: Endorsed by Planned Parenthood; she founded women's clinic.
Tom Wolf: Recognize same-sex marriage in Pennsylvania.
Tom Corbett: OpEd: Corbett knew federal LGBT laws; OK to change mind.
Tom Corbett: Supports anti-LGBT-discrimination bill, but not gay marriage.
Tom Corbett: Apologies for comparing gay marriage to incest.
Katie McGinty: Expand the reach of the corporate net income tax.
Tom Corbett: Give up on privatizing state lottery program.
Allyson Schwartz: End the Pennsylvania death penalty.
Katie McGinty: Moratorium on the death penalty.
Tom Wolf: Moratorium on the death penalty.
Allyson Schwartz: Reduce the criminalization of simple marijuana possession.
Katie McGinty: Legalize medicinal pot; decriminalize recreational pot.
Tom Wolf: Study states with legal marijuana sales before deciding.
Tom Wolf: Legalize medicinal marijuana & decriminalize one ounce.
Katie McGinty: Subsidize state colleges to keep tuition below inflation.
Tom Wolf: Restore money cut from public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Tom Wolf: Moratorium on gas drilling in state parks and state forests.
Katie McGinty: Chaired Pres. Clinton's Council on Environmental Quality.
Allyson Schwartz: Restrictions on both assault weapons and handguns.
Katie McGinty: Restrictions on assault weapons but not handguns.
Tom Wolf: Universal background checks, & ban assault weapons.
Tom Wolf: Expanding health care is good for economy & creates jobs.
Tom Wolf: Scrap "Healthy PA" subsidizing private insurance coverage.
Tom Wolf: More services for veterans: education, jobs, & housing.
Tom Wolf: Support a Pennsylvania DREAM Act.
Tom Wolf: Increase minimum wage to $10.10 and index it to inflation.
Allyson Schwartz: No further reductions in the public pension benefits.
Katie McGinty: No further reductions in the public pension benefits.
Tom Wolf: Maintain defined benefit for public pensions instead of 401k.
Allyson Schwartz: AdWatch: Trade benefit cuts for balancing budget.
Tom Wolf: Shift income tax burden to higher earners.
The above quotations are from 2014 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)