Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Hawaii Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Hawaii Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Charles Djou (8) Republican Governor challenger U.S. Rep Hawaii-1
- David Ige (19) Hawaii Democratic Governor
- Duke Aiona (3) Hawaii Republican Challenger
- Neil Abercrombie (8) Hawaii Democratic Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Hawaii Gubernatorial race:
- Honolulu Civil Beat Q&A with Neil Abercrombie, 7/23/2014
- Honolulu Civil Beat Q&A with David Ige, 7/11/2014
- Hawaii News Now, "Abercrombie, Ige spar in final televised debate", by Ben Gutierrez, Jul 9, 2014
- Business Week coverage, 12/9/2013 and 12/12/2013
- State House News Service coverage, 12/3/2013
- Associated Press via Fox News coverage, 3/5/2012
- Jumping in Pools blog Q&A, 3/1/2010
- Honolulu Civil Beat Q&A with Duke Aiona, 10/15/2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Charles Djou: Runaway federal spending threatens our economy & job growth.
Charles Djou: Supports traditional marriage but also domestic partnerships.
Duke Aiona: Better schools help Native Hawaiians stay out of prison.
David Ige: Quality public education necessary for a strong economy.
David Ige: Implement early education through DOE, not private schools.
Neil Abercrombie: Improving public education is one of my top priorities.
David Ige: Improving public education is one of my top priorities.
David Ige: Too many decisions made by state instead of locally.
Charles Djou: Empower parental involvement in schools over bureaucracy.
Energy & Oil|
David Ige: Reduce fossil fuel use; increase renewable energy.
Neil Abercrombie: Liquefied natural gas is a "bridge fuel" to renewables.
David Ige: Tie rooftop solar into the electric grid.
David Ige: Push Congress to spend more on Hawaii tourism.
David Ige: Increase funding for watersheds & against invasive species.
Neil Abercrombie: Food labeling good, but not at expense of small businesses.
David Ige: Right to know what is in our food, via federal labeling.
David Ige: Protect Hawaii's fragile resources for future generations.
Charles Djou: Advocated for recycling and trash services on City Council.
Families & Children|
Charles Djou: Deeper appreciation of role faith plays in American families.
Neil Abercrombie: Allow foreign ships to unload in Hawaii en route to US.
David Ige: Run government with open & public two-way communication.
David Ige: Supports employer-mandated health care insurance law.
David Ige: Support unfunded liabilities for State Union Health Benefits.
David Ige: We have failed to execute the Hawaii Health Connector.
Neil Abercrombie: Put money back into state Employer-Union Trust Fund.
Neil Abercrombie: 2-year agreement with Legislature to raise the minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Neil Abercrombie: I made best decision appointing Schatz instead of Hanabusa.
Duke Aiona: My Catholic faith is part of my decision making.
David Ige: Double the governor's request for Kupuna Care.
Charles Djou: Never renege on our promises & commitment to our seniors.
David Ige: State must operate within its means instead of raising taxes.
David Ige: Pioneered "paperless Legislature" & government transparency.
Charles Djou: Consistently opposes Honolulu rail project.
War & Peace|
Charles Djou: Don't forget troops in Afghanistan; don't draw down too fast.
Welfare & Poverty|
Neil Abercrombie: Keep sidewalks open & clear; homeless into housing for good.
David Ige: Build affordable homes and Transit Oriented Development.
David Ige: Increasing funds to Rental Housing Trust Fund for homeless.
Duke Aiona: The chronic homeless choose to not follow the rules.
The above quotations are from 2014 Hawaii Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)