The Kennedy-Nixon Presidential Debates, Sept.-Oct. 1960
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Kennedy-Nixon Presidential Debates (number of quotes indicated):
- John F. Kennedy (6)
- Richard Nixon (7)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
John F. Kennedy: More interested in federal programs than in cutting deficit.
Richard Nixon: Government under Republicans costs less.
Richard Nixon: Give people freedom to choose health insurance or not.
Richard Nixon: Expanding programs while reducing debt will increase taxes.
John F. Kennedy: Wants federal money to go to states for teacher salaries.
Richard Nixon: Building more schools moves America ahead.
Richard Nixon: Aid for school construction, not teacher salaries.
Richard Nixon: Local control more critical than increased teacher salaries.
Richard Nixon: Soviets have a long road before their economy catches ours.
John F. Kennedy: Government programs help people do what they can't do alone.
John F. Kennedy: Social Security can pay for good medical care for elderly.
Principles & Values|
John F. Kennedy: US has obligation to defend freedom.
John F. Kennedy: US needs more economic & social strength to fight Communism.
The above quotations are from The Kennedy-Nixon Presidential Debates, Sept.-Oct. 1960.
Biographies of past presidents:
- President George W. Bush
- The Faith of George W. Bush, by Stephen Mansfield
- Decision Points, by George W. Bush
- President Bill Clinton
- Back to Work, by Pres. Bill Clinton
- The Agenda, by Bob Woodward
- State of the Uion, "Report Card" on Bill Clinton
- President George H. W. Bush
- All the Best, My Life in Letters, by George Bush Sr.
- The Family, (the Bushes) by Kitty Kelley
- President Ronald Reagan
- Dutch, a Memoir of Ronald Reagan, by Edmund Morris
- President Jimmy Carter
- An Hour Before Daylight, by Jimmy Carter
- Jimmy Who?: biography of Jimmy Carter
- President Gerald Ford
- Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate,by Bob Woodward
- President Richard Nixon
- The Real War, by Richard Nixon
- Seize the Moment, by Richard Nixon
- Nixon's Ten Commandments of Statecraft, by James Humes
- President Lyndon Johnson
- The Lyndon Johnson Story, by Booth Mooney
- Tragedy of Lyndon Johnson, by Eric F. Goldman
- A Very Human President (LBJ biography), by Jack Valenti
- President John F. Kennedy
- Profiles In Courage, by John F. Kennedy
- Kennedy, the Classic Biography, by Ted Sorensen
- A Question of Character, A life of JFK, by Thomas Reeves
- A Nation of Immigrants, by John F. Kennedy
- William & Mary Environmental Law Review, by Cameron Lynch