Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Mississippi Senate Special Election (to replace Sen. Thad Cochran)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 Mississippi Senate Special Election (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris McDaniel (3) Republican challenger Mississippi
- Cindy Hyde-Smith (12) Republican candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Mike Espy (9) Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Rev. Jesse Jackson (1)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Mississippi 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage: (Special election)
A special election will determine the replacement for Sen. Thad Cochran, who resigned on April 1, 2018, due to his health.
The special election takes place on Nov. 6, for a 2-year seat until 2020. If no candidate gets 50% of the vote, a runoff will be held on Nov. 27.
Mississippi will also hold its regularly-scheduled 6-year election on Nov. 6, 2018 (with no runoff)
- McClatchyDC, "Mike Espy sees runoff as path to a Miss. Senate seat," by William Douglas, September 12, 2018
- Clarion-Ledger, "Cindy Hyde-Smith will make us all proud," by Gov. Phil Bryant, March 23, 2018
- USA Today, "Bryant seeks Trump support for Senate appointee Cindy Hyde-Smith," by Geoff Pender, March 22, 2018
- Clarion-Ledger, "Phil Bryant hopes to sway Donald Trump," by Geoff Pender, March 22, 2018
- WTVA.com, "Gov. Bryant appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith to succeed Thad Cochran," by Zac Carlisle, March 21, 2018
- Washington Times, "Mississippi governor appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith," by Victor Morton, March 21, 2018
- Bustle.com, "Mississippi Will Have Its First Woman Senator Soon," by Lauren Holter, March 21, 2018
- Huffington Post, "Remembering the $17 Million Dollar Witch Hunt of Mike Espy," by Matthew Lynch, January 8, 2012
- MillerCenter.org, "Oral History, Secretary of Agriculture," May 15, 2006
- Los Angeles Times, "Agriculture Secretary Imposes Freeze on Jobs," February 2, 1993
- The Washington Post, "Is Mike Espy really the NRA?," by Samuel Purchase, February 10, 1989
- (More issues coverage when it becomes available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Stands behind her 100% pro-life record on abortion issues.
Budget & Economy|
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Fiscal conservative who cut spending and didn't borrow.
Chris McDaniel: Curious whether Robert E. Lee remembered as hero or villain.
Mike Espy: First black Mississippian in Congress since Reconstruction.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Proponent of cutting business regulations.
Chris McDaniel: Grade "D" by Business/Industry Political Education Committee.
Mike Espy: Resigned for accepting gifts; but acquitted criminally.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Sees agri-tourism as a great tool in educating the youth.
Energy & Oil|
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Supports alternative energy for its new business potential.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Values and respects land and farmers; sees growth potential.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Led the way to open foreign markets for American products.
Mike Espy: Imposed USDA-wide job freeze and cuts.
Mike Espy: Won the National Rifle Association's "silver rifle" award.
Mike Espy: Appeared in advertisement in support of NRA.
Mike Espy: Our farming, food, & health policies need to be aligned.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Noted as "Business and Jobs" champion by oversight committee.
Principles & Values|
Mike Espy: Jungle primary on Nov. 6; runoff election on Nov. 27.
Rev. Jesse Jackson: Abolish runoff elections; they hurt black candidates.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Follows Trump principles to "make America great again".
Mike Espy: Emulate Clinton's style, comfortable in mixed-race crowds.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Champion of GOP tax reform bill; cites historic tax cuts.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Emerging technology has need and value in the marketplace.
War & Peace|
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Stop Iran from advancing any further on the world stage.
Welfare & Poverty|
Chris McDaniel: Liberty, not 100 years of begging for federal scraps.
Mike Espy: Help the poor move to homeownership.
The above quotations are from 2018 Mississippi Senate Special Election (to replace Sen. Thad Cochran).