Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Maine Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 ME Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Lyons (25) Libertarian candidate for Maine U. S. Senator Maine
- Eric Brakey (13) GOP Candidate for U.S Senate from Maine Maine
- Paul LePage (1) Maine Republican Governor
- Susan Collins (1) Republican Sr Senator Maine
- Zak Ringelstein (2) Democratic candidate for Maine U. S. Senate Maine
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Maine 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Washington Examiner, "Meet state Senator Eric Brakey, millennial for US Senate", by Neil Dwyer, Dec 7, 2017
- Cecc Point News, "Interview With GOP Senate Candidate Eric Brakey," by Henry Clay, 10/3/2017
- Christian Civic League of Maine, on maine.PatriotGuide.us, "2016 CCL Candidate Survey"
- PBS Newshour, "Maine legalizes marijuana for recreational use," Nov 10, 2016
- The Atlantic, "The Party of Donald Trump?" by John Sommers & Molly Ball, July 14, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Eric Brakey: Pro-life, and anti-ObamaCare.
Eric Brakey: Oppose funding Planned Parenthood; require parental consent.
Zak Ringelstein: Publicly-funded reproductive healthcare for women.
Chris Lyons: Life is precious; abortion only if maternal life at risk.
Chris Lyons: Oppose abortion as an unrestricted right.
Susan Collins: Joined Democrats to fund Planned Parenthood.
Budget & Economy|
Chris Lyons: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Eric Brakey: Leave transgender bathroom policy up to local school board.
Chris Lyons: Education will achieve affirmative action, not law.
Chris Lyons: Government should have no say on same-sex marriage.
Chris Lyons: Comfortable with same-sex marriage.
Chris Lyons: Stricter punishment doesn't reduce crime.
Eric Brakey: Being pro-life is why I oppose the death penalty.
Chris Lyons: Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
Eric Brakey: Supports legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
Paul LePage: Oppose legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
Eric Brakey: Competition will improve our schools.
Chris Lyons: Vouchers for school choice.
Eric Brakey: Support private schools, charter schools, or homeschooling.
Energy & Oil|
Chris Lyons: Oppose prioritizing green energy.
Chris Lyons: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Chris Lyons: Oppose American Exceptionalism.
Eric Brakey: Crazy that we have our troops in 177 different countries.
Eric Brakey: Deposing secular dictators in Mid-East empowers our enemies.
Chris Lyons: Support & expand free trade.
Chris Lyons: Make voter registration easier.
Eric Brakey: Oppose background checks for individual gun transfers.
Zak Ringelstein: Most Americans wants gun control but NRA stops it.
Chris Lyons: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Chris Lyons: Insurance companies benefit from ObamaCare; people don't.
Chris Lyons: Oppose ObamaCare.
Chris Lyons: Don't expand the military.
Chris Lyons: Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Eric Brakey: Oppose increasing minimum wage; it takes out the bottom rung.
Chris Lyons: Oppose affirmative action in hiring.
Principles & Values|
Chris Lyons: Personal belief in God is fine; government action is not.
Chris Lyons: Keep God in the public sphere.
Chris Lyons: Privatize Social Security.
Eric Brakey: No additional 3% tax on income above $200,000.
Chris Lyons: Oppose higher taxes on the wealthy.
War & Peace|
Chris Lyons: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Welfare & Poverty|
Eric Brakey: Disallow using food stamps to purchase junk food.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Lyons Libertarian candidate for Maine U. S. Senator Maine
- Eric Brakey GOP Candidate for U.S Senate from Maine Maine
- Paul LePage Maine Republican Governor
- Susan Collins Republican Sr Senator Maine
- Zak Ringelstein Democratic candidate for Maine U. S. Senate Maine
The above quotations are from 2018 Maine Senate race: debates and news coverage.