Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Arkansas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 AR Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Asa Hutchinson (2) Arkansas Republican Governor
- Jared Henderson (10) Arkansas Democratic candidate for governor of Arkansas
- Mark West (20) Arkansas Libertarian candidate for governor of Arkansas
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Arkansas 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Arkansas Times, "Henderson crows about Hutchinson's letter on grocery tax," by David Ramsey, May 4, 2018
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "Candidates learn about immigrant issues from immigrants," by Ashton Eley, April 15, 2018
- TB&P TalkBusiness.net, "Henderson to run for Governor," by Roby Brock, December 2017
- Arkansas Times, "A chat with Jared Henderson," by Max Brantley, Dec. 22, 2017
- KUAR Public Radio from UA Little Rock, "A Democrat Enters the Governor's Race," by Jacob Kauffman, Dec. 12, 2017
- Times-Record (swtimes.com), "Henderson announces 2018 Arkansas governor bid," by Andrew DeMillo, December 12, 2017
- ArkansasMatters.com, "Teach for America Director Launches Campaign," by Jessi Turnure, Dec. 12, 2017
- Washington Post, "Last planned execution before drugs expire," by Mark Berman April 28, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mark West: Oppose abortion, but give options to women in crisis.
Jared Henderson: Supports available legal abortion but won't run on the issue.
Budget & Economy|
Mark West: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Jared Henderson: Bring new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking to economy.
Mark West: No authority over relationships between same-sex adults.
Jared Henderson: Supports LGBT citizens but not for across the board revamps.
Jared Henderson: Give right tools to right people, & jobs will flourish.
Mark West: Fewer non-violent offenses, but respect victims rights.
Asa Hutchinson: Four executions in 8 days; keep protocol of lethal injection.
Mark West: Marijuana is not a gateway drug.
Mark West: De-link funding from standardized tests; then vouchers ok.
Jared Henderson: Education is the catalyst to strong economy and prosperity.
Energy & Oil|
Mark West: Government shouldn't play favorites in energy market.
Mark West: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Mark West: Just because something is American doesn't make it better.
Asa Hutchinson: Eradicate North Korean leadership, but no assassinations.
Mark West: Support & expand free trade.
Mark West: Make voter registration easier.
Mark West: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Jared Henderson: No guns on campus; won't commit yet on open carry.
Mark West: Oppose ObamaCare.
Jared Henderson: Support Arkansas Works; concentrate on reducing premiums.
Mark West: Military expansion results in international police.
Mark West: Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Jared Henderson: We can learn and grow by listening to the immigrants stories.
Mark West: No discriminatory hiring practices but no affirmative action.
Principles & Values|
Mark West: No religious viewpoint should be publicly imposed.
Mark West: System going bankrupt; cautious transition to privatization.
Jared Henderson: Fight against raising grocery tax, to protect families.
Mark West: Lower taxes on everyone.
Jared Henderson: Supports the Republican low and middle class income tax cuts.
War & Peace|
Mark West: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Asa Hutchinson Arkansas Republican Governor
- Jared Henderson Arkansas Democratic candidate for governor of Arkansas
- Mark West Arkansas Libertarian candidate for governor of Arkansas
The above quotations are from 2018 Arkansas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)