Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 California Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 CA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Duf Sundheim (6) Republican Senate challenger California
- Kamala Harris (13) Democratic Senate candidate California
- Loretta Sanchez (2) Democratic Senate candidate California
- Rocky Chavez (5) Republican Senate candidate California
- Tom Del Beccaro (12) Republican Senate challenger California
- Xavier Becerra (1) Democrat U.S. Rep California-34
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
California Senate debates and race coverage:
- Los Angeles Times, "Accept Syrian Refugees?", Cathleen Decker, 11/22/2015
- Send2press.com press release, "Endorsement by Economist Larry Kudlow", 6 Oct 2015
- Breitbart.com, "Del Beccaro Proposes Flat Tax", by Joel B. Pollak, 2 Oct 2015
- Medium.com, "An Open Letter to Republican Presidential Candidates", by Duf Sundheim, Sep 14, 2015
- Imperial Valley News, "Proposed Clean Energy Legislation", by IVN, 27 August 2015
- Washington Times, "Iran's Other Victory", by Thomas G. Del Beccaro, August 4, 2015
- Washington Examiner, "Pro-gay marriage Republican aims to compete ", by David M. Drucker, 6/4/15
- Sacramento Bee, "Kamala Harris disagrees with statewide police body-camera regulations", by Christopher Cadelago, May 27, 2015
- Wall Street Journal, "Democrats' Divide Over Trade," by Dan Schnur, May 19, 2015
- Breitbart News, "Kamala Harris: Don't Equate Islamic Terrorists with Islam", by Adelle Nazarian, 18 May 2015
- Sacramento Bee, "Del Beccaro announces", by Christopher Cadelago, 4/16/2015
- LA Weekly, "Chavez Launches Long-Shot Campaign for Senate", by Gene Maddaus, March 5, 2015
- Forbes.com, "Californiaís Low On Water?", by Tom Del Beccaro, June 7, 2014
- Project Vote Smart group ratings for Kamala Harris (2010-14)
- Sacramento Bee, "Gay marriage is 'difficult issue' for GOP", March 2, 2013
- Forbes Magazine, "Forget The Whining", by Thomas Del Beccaro, Nov 28, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tom Del Beccaro: Criticized raids earlier against anti-abortion activists.
Duf Sundheim: Right to abortion is a gating issues.
Duf Sundheim: Supports same-sex marriage.
Rocky Chavez: Moderate who supports gay marriage.
Tom Del Beccaro: Keep Proposition 8; but open to debate on gay marriage.
Kamala Harris: Don't require cops to wear body cameras.
Kamala Harris: Acknowledge that certain communities distrust police.
Kamala Harris: Personally opposed to death penalty; as DA, never pursued it.
Kamala Harris: Ensure access to a high quality public education.
Rocky Chavez: Supports charter schools, and founded one in Oceanside.
Energy & Oil|
Kamala Harris: Innovate smart solutions to climate change.
Tom Del Beccaro: Farmers bear the brunt of a plethora of regulations.
Tom Del Beccaro: Increase water supplies rather than fining citizens.
Kamala Harris: The way to keep us safe is NOT to keep outsiders out.
Kamala Harris: Distinguish Islamic religion from terrorism.
Kamala Harris: TPP doesn't offer sufficient worker protections.
Loretta Sanchez: Opposes TPP; joined union protests against it.
Duf Sundheim: Inclined to support Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact.
Kamala Harris: No gun ownership for dangerous convicts or mentally ill.
Duf Sundheim: Some aspects of ObamaCare ok, but rest is a boondoggle.
Tom Del Beccaro: More taxes & regulations loom with ObamaCare.
Kamala Harris: Champion a robust VA for our Veterans.
Rocky Chavez: Block Syrian refugees until we upgrade our intel and vetting.
Rocky Chavez: Focus on national security: prepared to deal with ISIS.
Tom Del Beccaro: Terrorists believe in terrorism; we can't persuade them.
Loretta Sanchez: Refugees are not the enemy, today nor in our history.
Rocky Chavez: We are home for the tired and oppressed, even Syrians.
Duf Sundheim: Path to legal status without executive action.
Tom Del Beccaro: Expose crime and danger at the US-Mexico border.
Tom Del Beccaro: $15 mandated wages results in lower employment.
Principles & Values|
Xavier Becerra: Appointed as California's first Latino attorney general.
Kamala Harris: First Indian-American to serve in the U.S. Senate.
Kamala Harris: Oppose entitlement cuts; strengthen these safety nets.
Tom Del Beccaro: Eliminate cap on the payroll tax.
Kamala Harris: Expand EITC, Child Tax Credit, and R&D Tax Credit.
Tom Del Beccaro: Personal & corporate flat tax: 15.5% federal and 6% state.
War & Peace|
Tom Del Beccaro: Nuke deal solidifies Iran conventional military gains.
Tom Del Beccaro: Mideast was more stable with U.S. troops in Iraq.
Welfare & Poverty|
Duf Sundheim: Address the 8.9 million Californians living in poverty.
The above quotations are from 2016 California Senate race: debates and news coverage.